Thread: Hmmmmmm

Poster
    Ok, right. If i have a big database of song titles and artists, how do i make mysite, so that people can type an artist OR song title and it will automatically show the results generated from the database.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    we need more details like are you hosting the site from your comp? or is someone else hosting it? <----if so what do you have access to like what service etc on their comp?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by exeus@18 October 2003 - 02:53
    we need more details like are you hosting the site from your comp? or is someone else hosting it? <----if so what do you have access to like what service etc on their comp?
    nope, i dont host it from my pc. ive just completed a database of top40 song from 1952. How do i add a search box to mysite, so people can type there favourite artist etc, and well u know....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    how big is it like how many entries? i have used java script for a similar purpose before... also i had a prog some where ....that done it all for you the only prob is that the entries iare actually in the ...head i think of the page so it will slow down downloading if it is a gianormous list do you have any access to any services on the host comp...?