Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Website Design

Poster
    some of your top banner requires some shaping it, some shading is missing and the "news items" text should be neater or made into a graphics.

I didn't click on any links, so other than that it's pretty good.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    In my opinion this is in very poor taste and offensive.

Being Handicapped rules! No doubt about it, case closed. Seriously being handicapped must be the coolest thing ever. You always get special treatment, you get the closest parking spots, and you get to ride around on one of those awesome motorized wheelchairs. I bet all the handicaps go out late at night and have secret illegal races, that's what I would do. In fact I'm seriously considering hurling myself in front of a passing semi just so I can ride in a motorized wheelchair, it would only increase the fun if I sustained brain damage, just think of all the great colors. Yep being handicapped does rock, there's no argument against it.

I will therefore take your advice in the spirit I take it to have been meant and stay away

3. Lounge   -   #13
    cool i like it

4. Lounge   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by ScotchGuy@17 October 2003 - 19:37
    I changed the site design of my website after 6 months. Tell me what you think of it, I need some feeback. Thanks.

My Webpage

This site was designed for Mozilla Firebird and for a 1024x768 resolution.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the fireworks page is still under construction.
    I guess that I would describe the design as "servicable".

Nothing special, but not egregiously bad. I thought that the colors were bland.

Why would you optimise a website for Firebird? It worked OK (I guess) on my IE.

Some of the content, though...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    yea, but looks neat...

6. Lounge   -   #16
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    it doesn't look too bad, but the coding in it is appauling.

take a look here for what you need to change in it to make it neater, nicer and generally better.

also, try using style sheets...it would make it much easier in the future to change it
    <insert signature here>

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Originally posted by clocker+18 October 2003 - 05:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 18 October 2003 - 05:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ScotchGuy@17 October 2003 - 19:37
    I changed the site design of my website after 6 months. Tell me what you think of it, I need some feeback. Thanks.

My Webpage

This site was designed for Mozilla Firebird and for a 1024x768 resolution.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the fireworks page is still under construction.
    I guess that I would describe the design as "servicable".

Nothing special, but not egregiously bad. I thought that the colors were bland.

Why would you optimise a website for Firebird? It worked OK (I guess) on my IE.

Some of the content, though... [/b][/quote]
    I optimised it for Firebird because it&#39;s a much better and faster browser. I also did take IE into consideration, I tested it out and only made changes that would work in Firebird and IE. Somethings however, such as the centering didn&#39;t work the same in IE and Firebird, so you&#39;ll notice in IE that the titles at the top of the table on every page in IE is a little off. Whereas in Firebird it&#39;s smack dab in the middle.

Vivitron: Yes, I&#39;m aware that the coding is terrible, I lost all interest in trying to male it neat because I just wanted to finish it so I threw any code in there that made some things work. Thanks for the link though, I&#39;ll be sure to check it out.

Jpaul: That&#39;s why I put this at the top of the opinion&#39;s page:

"These are my opinions on different matters. If you find any of the material on this site to be offensive then perhaps you should consider leaving."

And this in the Disclaimer page:

"WARNING: You may find some of the material on this website to be offensive. You have been fairly warned, if you are offended by any of the material you cannot hold the creator of this website responsible."

I thought that should give people a heads up, so they know that there is a chance they could find some of it to be offensive.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    hey kool design...did you have to buy it or something cause i am thinking of making a site and i kinda like ur template

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    You downloaded and altered that template and did not leave copyright notice...

10. Lounge   -   #20
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    freestyle walking cool

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast