Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slowww

Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I need help, I want to know if i can fix my processor because it is going slow it can't load web pages anymore, while I am typing on this board it doesn't show the words until I'm finished typing, and it takes forever to encode movies now. That's when the problem started I encoded a movie (T3 ) and when it was done now it just goes slow, so do I have to just go buy another one or can I fix this one.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    More info needed. Specs, maintenance, & experience for starters.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Well the processor is a old Celeron 600Mhz, 512 memory that should be enough if u need more just let me know what u need to know and also sorry about not adding that the first time

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    what have you got running at the same time, this is more likely a software problem than a hardware one. Open task manager and see whats running (ctrl alt del), look for anything using a lot of resources, you could also try running an anti adware & spyware program like spybot or adaware.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    zapjb Posted on 17 October 2003 - 06:58
    More info needed. Specs, maintenance, & experience for starters.
    You answered the first question. Now 2 & 3 please.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by ilw@17 October 2003 - 08:08
    what have you got running at the same time, this is more likely a software problem than a hardware one. Open task manager and see whats running (ctrl alt del), look for anything using a lot of resources, you could also try running an anti adware & spyware program like spybot or adaware.
    There is nothing running every time I start my computer I shut everything down except explorer, systray, hidserv so it isn't anything running I'm very sure it's the processor but I don't if I have to replace it or buy a new because I wan't a new one but if there something I can do with this one then I would like to know and my experience with processor isn't that good but it's not that hard for me to learn, but the rest of the comp I just about know about and it is a well kept, clean comp.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Well kept?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Ex-member
    To be honest, I'd be very surprised if this was a hardware problem. It sounds like there is some configuration issue somewhere.

A judicious reinstallation of Windows will fix it, but that's rather draconian...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I want to do a full restore and just restart the comp from start but I don't have my recovery disc anymore because I lost it somehow, but I will try that and see what happens.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Gre1@17 October 2003 - 16:01
    I want to do a full restore and just restart the comp from start but I don't have my recovery disc anymore because I lost it somehow, but I will try that and see what happens.
    download a version of windows frm klite then.

the windows 2000 download is very good.

recovery disks suck, they just put tones of sh*t on ya pc (usually AOL trials)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast