Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolfmight, A Review Of Your New Psu

What's up bud--how is your new PSU. Let us know. Does it free you to overclock to your hearts content?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bump...waiting...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    hold up.. tryin to fix a problem with my ATI Wonder VE card right now.
    btw it's not cause of the ps.. it's actually cause my older ps couldnt run the computer with the extra hardware.. i tested back a forth to make sure.. like:
    I ran it with ATI Radeon 9500 Pro only... then i tried ATI Wonder VE (useing mobo graphics.) both started up fine.. but i couldnt startup with them both for some reason. Now I can, but the darn TV Tuner freezes my computer everytime i open it. (Some kind of software conflict.)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    well keep us informed. The best advice is to be had on the board--we trust each other and turn to each other for tips before making purchases. B)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Based on the information on Tomshardware site I bought an Antec True 380P.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/20021021/index.html

I am ultra happy with this unit. As some members already know that one of my goals in building computers is to make them (almost) silent. This power supply helps greatly with that. One very good feature is that the fan speed is automatically adjusted with temperature. There is also a special output to connect the case fans directly to the speed control circuit.

It allows for the fans to run at an ultra slow 1600rpm. That's all my 80mm case fans also, so that make for a very quiet PC.

It has all the power I need. I have pushed this unit quite hard with a lot of devices added and a lot of testing of components happens with this PC.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i overclocked to 187mhz core.. didnt mess with mem yet, and i'm starting to get VPU Recover alot. The card crashes. Is this normal?
    Rage3D Tweak is confuseing.. it wouldnt keep showing the overclocked setting i chose.. everytime i reopened it.. the original setting was on it. Is my card locked? and getting confused?
    need a different Bios?

Here's what is looks like:

Since i got a "Retail".. i'm guessing the Bios needs to be modded.

Rage3d has something on: 3.8’s causing hardware overheating and/or burnouts. Hmm.. maybe i should use the Omegas.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    That is hardly overclocking anyways. You might need to flash your card's BIOS.

Do you remember to apply the overclocked setting and does a window pop up saying something like (keep these settings)?

Warp11's ATi Radeon BIOS Files:
    Warp11 compared the ATi Radeon 9700 Pro BIOS, the 9700 non-Pro BIOS, and the 9500 Pro BIOS and was able to find the one hexidecimal value that is keeping the ATi Radeon 9500 Pro and ATi Radeon 9700 non-Pro from overclocking.

ATi is setting the same hex value on the 9500 Pro and 9700 non-Pro cards to keep them from overclocking. I tested this theory on both a 9700 non-Pro and 9500 Pro and it works. All of the overclocking utilities functioned correctly with these BIOS's. Neither 3DChipset nor Warp11 is responsbile for what happends when using these files.
    find these here

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    yea, i clicked yes on that confirm window.. then i clicked apply.
    i ran an aquamark test.. the results showed the original speeds.. not my overclocked ones. I'm guessing i need Warp11's ATi Radeon 9500 Pro Beta BIOS. It says Beta though.. i am scared of that word when it comes to bios or drivers.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@20 October 2003 - 00:26
    yea, i clicked yes on that confirm window.. then i clicked apply.
    i ran an aquamark test.. the results showed the original speeds.. not my overclocked ones. I'm guessing i need Warp11's ATi Radeon 9500 Pro Beta BIOS. It says Beta though.. i am scared of that word when it comes to bios or drivers.
    Okay, I can see your concern, so here is my suggestion for you--download the omega driver set here

When you run the install, tell it to install the 9500 pro "hacked" driver. What that will do (should do) is enable you to overclock your card.

Keep us updated. B)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    ok, i'll try em out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast