Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overclock Cpu

Can someone tell me where i can get an idiots guide to overclock your cpu?

I have a 1.33GHx AMD Athlon Proccessor with 384KB On-Chip Cache Memory
    640MB RAM. I would like to see if i can overclock it without f**King up my cpu.

Again I would like an idiots guide to overclocking my cpu

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    1st off, lets get a full detailed version of ur comp specs. but the basics r u go in to bios, and into adv settings, for for me, bios settings, and u change the clock speed. i think since u have an amd, u can change the clock multiplyer too, so u can oc much easier than the intel processors. word of caution, ocing will void ur warranty. my comp company said that i'm fine unless i burn the cpu. my idle's 36 for my P4 2.4ghz @ 2.6, so i'm fine. since ur new, u should take things nice and slow. for more very detailed info, go to www.extremeoverclocking.com or overclocking.com. great reference articles and forums there

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    My sys specs are

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@18 October 2003 - 04:42
    1st off, lets get a full detailed version of ur comp specs. but the basics r u go in to bios, and into adv settings, for for me, bios settings, and u change the clock speed. i think since u have an amd, u can change the clock multiplyer too, so u can oc much easier than the intel processors. word of caution, ocing will void ur warranty. my comp company said that i'm fine unless i burn the cpu. my idle's 36 for my P4 2.4ghz @ 2.6, so i'm fine. since ur new, u should take things nice and slow. for more very detailed info, go to www.extremeoverclocking.com or overclocking.com. great reference articles and forums there
    I always thought you had to open up the cpu and mess around with soildering and stuff to unlock something and overclock it

Is that right? All I have to do is go into bios and change the cpu speed? Thanks for any help in advance

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Catracho+18 October 2003 - 04:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Catracho @ 18 October 2003 - 04:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@18 October 2003 - 04:42
    1st off, lets get a full detailed version of ur comp specs. but the basics r u go in to bios, and into adv settings, for for me, bios settings, and u change the clock speed. i think since u have an amd, u can change the clock multiplyer too, so u can oc much easier than the intel processors. word of caution, ocing will void ur warranty. my comp company said that i&#39;m fine unless i burn the cpu. my idle&#39;s 36 for my P4 2.4ghz @ 2.6, so i&#39;m fine. since ur new, u should take things nice and slow. for more very detailed info, go to www.extremeoverclocking.com or overclocking.com. great reference articles and forums there
    I always thought you had to open up the cpu and mess around with soildering and stuff to unlock something and overclock it

Is that right? All I have to do is go into bios and change the cpu speed? Thanks for any help in advance [/b][/quote]
    open ur cpu? ur NUTS. lol, really u don&#39;t have to know hardware too much to know how to oc. it&#39;s still dangerous, but it&#39;s not that hard. ok, dude, ur specs are fine. we have the same bios. so go into bios, and under bios settings, there should be an option to change clock speed. u might have different than mine cuz u have amd and i have p4. check it out. i just started to oc a couple weeks ago, and so far, my 2.4 @2.6 has had no problems at all.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Catracho+17 October 2003 - 23:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Catracho @ 17 October 2003 - 23:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@18 October 2003 - 04:42
    1st off, lets get a full detailed version of ur comp specs. but the basics r u go in to bios, and into adv settings, for for me, bios settings, and u change the clock speed. i think since u have an amd, u can change the clock multiplyer too, so u can oc much easier than the intel processors. word of caution, ocing will void ur warranty. my comp company said that i&#39;m fine unless i burn the cpu. my idle&#39;s 36 for my P4 2.4ghz @ 2.6, so i&#39;m fine. since ur new, u should take things nice and slow. for more very detailed info, go to www.extremeoverclocking.com or overclocking.com. great reference articles and forums there

Is that right? All I have to do is go into bios and change the cpu speed? Thanks for any help in advance [/b][/quote]
    That depends on the bios, and on the CPU.

But a 1333Mhz processor, are those even AMD XP&#39;s? has to be like a 1600+ if it is.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Im done. I&#39;ve oclocked from 1.33 to 1.42 > Dont think i can go farther since when i reboot my computer freezes and reminds me of Windows Millenium It ways I can go up to 1.66 but when I do to 1.43 it starts freezing. Any Ideas as to why it freezes? . Thank you for all your help.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Im done. I&#39;ve oclocked from 1.33 to 1.42 > Dont think i can go farther since when i reboot my computer freezes and reminds me of Windows Millenium It ways I can go up to 1.66 but when I do to 1.43 it starts freezing. Any Ideas as to why it freezes? . Thank you for all your help.
    Yep that is ya lot if the machine starts to play up its not just taking the clock speed up you have to play with the voltage too go to the sites as posted www.extremeoverclocking.com or overclocking.com.,these will give you info don&#39;t forget not all motherboards are the same.Memory is another factor need 133 not 100 you will see when you read it all have fun,oh mines been clocked not for over 20 months keep an eye on the temp&#39;don&#39;t want to run it too hot.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Ex-member
    Hmm... risking your expensive hardware to get an extra 7% or so performance...

Don&#39;t understand it, myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast