Hey for those that can help by giving a helping hand . . . Please do, thank you in advance. The word bank are the words that are to be used in the Blanks (____)
Word Bank: abase contemn contumely debase degrade deprecate discredit disparage flout revile scathing sully
1. The coinage was so _______ that it was practically worthless.
2. The young cadet had to suffer the ______ of being publicly reprimanded before the entire student body.
3. He humbly ______ himself before the altar and prayed for forgiveness.
4. She ______ all the conventions of society by her deliberate rudeness.
5. The prisoners treated the offer with _____ and defiance.
6. The police officer easily ______ the defendant's false story.
7. Her reputation was _____ by the evidence brought forth ad the hearings.
8. He ________ his opponent, calling him every bad name he knew.
9. His _______ criticism of his rival's painting was the most vicious attack I have ever heard.
10. Her ________ remarks implied that the book was trivial and superficial.
11. She respected her superiors but _________ those beneath her in social position.
12. In his speech the old teacher ________ the changing philosophy in education.