Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Halo Is The Worse Game Ever Made

Poster
    Hey Octo, the reason you are getting choppy graphics is due to your gfx card. A gf 4mx is pretty much a glorified GF 2. You could get a ti4200 or even better an ati 9600 for about 100 US. I think you need at least a GF3 to play smoothly. And chances are, you will have probs with HL2 also. You might look into upgrading.
    I would have to recommend against getting a top of the line card, unless you are one of those people who have to have the best of everything. If you want some info on good gfx cards you can go to www.guru3d.com they are good people there, and very knowledgeable. Hope this helps.

EDIT: I just remembered, HL2 is being shipped with ati's 9800 cards i think. Perhaps you could save up now, and kill 2 birds with one stone.

2. Games   -   #32
    Poster
    Someone is gonna get stabbed here!

3. Games   -   #33
    Octopussy
    Originally posted by brax@18 October 2003 - 22:04
    Hey Octo, the reason you are getting choppy graphics is due to your gfx card. A gf 4mx is pretty much a glorified GF 2. You could get a ti4200 or even better an ati 9600 for about 100 US. I think you need at least a GF3 to play smoothly. And chances are, you will have probs with HL2 also. You might look into upgrading.
    I would have to recommend against getting a top of the line card, unless you are one of those people who have to have the best of everything. If you want some info on good gfx cards you can go to www.guru3d.com they are good people there, and very knowledgeable. Hope this helps.

EDIT: I just remembered, HL2 is being shipped with ati's 9800 cards i think. Perhaps you could save up now, and kill 2 birds with one stone.
    i might buy the ati card that has hl2 fee...

why would i hurt 2 birds

4. Games   -   #34
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by Octopussy+18 October 2003 - 22:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Octopussy @ 18 October 2003 - 22:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-brax@18 October 2003 - 22:04
    Hey Octo, the reason you are getting choppy graphics is due to your gfx card.&nbsp; A gf 4mx is pretty much a glorified GF 2.&nbsp; You could get a ti4200 or even better an ati 9600 for about 100 US.&nbsp; I think you need at least a GF3 to play smoothly.&nbsp; And chances are, you will have probs with HL2 also.&nbsp; You might look into upgrading.
    I would have to recommend against getting a top of the line card, unless you are one of those people who have to have the best of everything.&nbsp; If you want some info on good gfx cards you can go to www.guru3d.com&nbsp; they are good people there, and very knowledgeable. Hope this helps.

EDIT: I just remembered, HL2 is being shipped with ati&#39;s 9800 cards i think. Perhaps you could save up now, and kill 2 birds with one stone.
    i might buy the ati card that has hl2 fee...

why would i hurt 2 birds [/b][/quote]
    because your stinkin EVIL

5. Games   -   #35
    Double Agent
    stupid pussy it&#39;s just a figure of speech

6. Games   -   #36
    Poster
    Man, that zombie level, when I first got to it, I was like "I&#39;m so cool I got this far with out getting massacared so no problemo" then before I knew it, I was screaming like a little girl running away from my Xbox with post traumatic stress syndrome.

I&#39;m still not past that damn level

7. Games   -   #37
    Someone is gonna get stabbed here&#33;

8. Games   -   #38
    anyone who thinks Halo is the worst game ever just hasn&#39;t played a lot of games.

9. Games   -   #39
    Octopussy
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@18 October 2003 - 23:10
    stupid pussy it&#39;s just a figure of speech
    no need for swearing man

10. Games   -   #40
    i thought it was fun to play in singleplayer, the steering for the truck was messed up. Those lil crab things look like there from halflife, headcrabs, a ripoff.
    The flood reminded me too of halflife, and the mutated ppl the headcrabs turned them into. I think the game was just a halflife ripoff with some fantasy weapons and trucks and ships. But it was fun.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast