Thread: Media Studies Project, Making A Movie

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Can any of you creative folk out there give me some ideas, I have to make the opening sequence for a thriller film. (I was thinking along the lines of maybe a suspense/thriller but any style thriller is fine )
    It has to be original (in other words, nee copying&#33 and last two minutes. I'm stuck on how to get started with my script (I think once I get going though I'll be okay), I have absolutley no idea for setting or anything at all so any ideas would be appreciated

P.s Please bear in mind that I'm a poor student with only the college's basic equipment for editing and my own pc etc. so I don't have a big budget (ie nothing)

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    well bye posting here you want make much money we will all download it lol sorry dude no idears at the moment good luck man

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    it aint for making money, if it does turn out any good, i'd be more than happy to share it

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    well try to make some cuz if does any good you will wanna pay for the next movie hopfully bigger than the first bigger budget to as i said good luck its a hard industry it eats most people up

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I did Media Studies A-Level as well, and one week we had to make a short film. It wasn't assessed for our coursework, it was just an ordinary piece of classwork.

Our film we made was really strange. It started off with a girl running down the corridor, as she was late for a lesson. Then the teacher was really angry and told her off. The film ended up with the teacher and the girl standing on the tables, fighting martial arts, like in Charlies Angels.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    I made a movie once too....

First: Dont develop a opening, then a middle, then the end... thats not working... start with a complete idea and prepare the parts while u allways keep the rest in mind.

Most movies fuck up cause parts of the movie dont fit to the rest....

Best way to make a movie is to start with the result (the end, but remember not to do it without havin the rest in mind) , maybe a weird situation... and out of this u develop a storyline (most films become like tarantino movies if u do it that way )

After that write some Unique Chars and make them fit to the concept... AND ONLY AFTER ALL THAT START WITH THE OPENING...

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    the task is though to ONLY make an opening

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    pusher's Avatar The New Moral
    Shot from a first person perspective:

We open at a jazz club. The music plays softly in the background. The air is filled with the smell of smoke and cheap liquor. The view turns from the jazz band performing to a woman - mid 20's, red hair, brown eyes, stunning looks - sitting by herself at the bar. She looks at you, she's interested, she looks at you seductively and gestures you to follow her. You do.

You end up at her hotel room (room 232) and she's stripping off her clothes for you. Slowly. Softly. You make love to her. (The view shows her face in exctasy)

"You're amazing" she whipers to you. You dismount and stand before her. She lies in bed covered by the blanket. "What's wrong?" she inquires. Her facial expression turns from inquiry to horror as you begin to strangle her. She struggles to breath. Her fingers scratch at your hands causing scratch marks on your fingers. She tries to scream. But alas she's dead. You lay her hands on her breasts and her legs spread open.

Enough to humiliate her and cause panic among authorities.

You gather your things and leave......

End Scene.

Fine so it's trite. It's seven in the morning and I"m tired as hell.
    The color of this signature is really blue. If you see otherwise, please adjust your monitor settings.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    the task is though to ONLY make an opening wink.gif
    Ups

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    that suggestion from pusher seems quite good but not very practicle, I mean, there aren't very many jazz clubs round here, I don't intend on hiring out hotel rooms and also, I don't think I could find, let alone convince, anyone fitting that description to get nekkid for a film for a media studies project