Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q About Ram

Ok, i'm looking to get a 512 ram card, but I was thinking, since my computer has 2 slots, would it be overkill to get two and use them both? My computer goes as follows....

80 + 40 gb hard drivers
    2.13 gh processer
    Windows XP
    Radeon 9000pro 128mb video card
    intergrated soundcard
    48x burner + dvd player

So should I use two 512's, or will that cause problems? (my alternative would be to go with a 128 and a 512)

Thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    1 gig of ram on windows xp is great

only older versions of windows had problems with too much ram
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    ok cool, thanks.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I believe you also have to make sure if your motherboard can support it to go that high

-Mike

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Most boards can support that and more. I also have 1 gig with XP. Works great.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by wolfman10_2000@18 October 2003 - 18:45
    I believe you also have to make sure if your motherboard can support it to go that high
    the vast majority of boards which support agp and 2+ GHz cpu&#39;s will have support for more than 1GB of ram

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Thats strange because i had a 512mb stick and a 256mb stick and i thought it was running pretty fast with 768mb of ram. I got another pc so i took the 256mb stick out for the other pc and my pc ran faster with 512 mb and im using windows XP

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by neattairoski@19 October 2003 - 00:21
    Thats strange because i had a 512mb stick and a 256mb stick and i thought it was running pretty fast with 768mb of ram. I got another pc so i took the 256mb stick out for the other pc and my pc ran faster with 512 mb and im using windows XP
    that&#39;s quite strange...

i was talking about mainly 98 not liking more than 512MB of ram (unless you got a patch (which didn&#39;t solve totally the problem))

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by neattairoski@18 October 2003 - 19:21
    Was that RAM all the same speed?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Yeah it was same speed but i dont know if it was same brand. I would really like atleast 1gb of ram. My motherboard can take 1.5gb so i know it can handle it.

Im gonna try some other brands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast