Thread: Question About Ps2 And Dvd -/+ R

Poster
    Do all PS2's play DVD - and + r's. I was under the impression that they couldnt play cdr's and dvdr's. I had tried to play a vcd before to no avail. However i have recently purchased a dvd burner, and movies i put on DVD's (both - r and +r work fine in my PS2) I was really suprised they worked, i was expecting to get the same error i got when tring cdrs.
    Now i am wondering if I were to put an image of a ps2 game on to one of my dvdr's would they play? (im going to try none the less, but has anyone else?)
    BTW, i have no mod chips or gameshark/actionreplay

B

2. Games   -   #2
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    that might not work...

3. Games   -   #3
    you have no Mod chip and the DVD-r worked?
    was it a movie?

Klite Clan : <span style='color:purple'> [ThE_Def-EndERS]</span>
    [Clan Site]

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    You cant do that without modchip..

5. Games   -   #5
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I might be wrong but isn&#39;t there a shark port advice you cna put on ??

I hate to put a mod chip in im too dumb to know what im doing for a start plus it can burn out

pain in the ass to have to pay 100 bucks for a PS2 game

wish there was a boot disk

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Adster@18 October 2003 - 05:59

I hate to put a mod chip in im too dumb to know what im doing for a start plus it can burn out

100 &#036;&#036; for a PS2 games?? dont u mean 50&#036;

proud to be american

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by Jay+18 October 2003 - 00:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jay @ 18 October 2003 - 00:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Adster@18 October 2003 - 05:59

100 &#036;&#036; for a PS2 games?? dont u mean 50&#036; [/b][/quote]
    i believe he&#39;s talking about australian dollars, which are worth about half as much as u.s. dollars.

as for PS2&#39;s playing burned discs... i believe recent PS2 models have better compatibility with burned discs than the older models. cosmetically, PS2&#39;s all look the same, but Sony does make frequent changes to the internals. in the u.s., the latest PS2 models have a small yellow triangle with a + symbol in the lower front side of the packaging, and those should have improved support for burned discs.

8. Games   -   #8
    Do all PS2&#39;s play DVD - and + r&#39;s. I was under the impression that they couldnt play cdr&#39;s and dvdr&#39;s. I had tried to play a vcd before to no avail. However i have recently purchased a dvd burner, and movies i put on DVD&#39;s (both - r and +r work fine in my PS2) I was really suprised they worked, i was expecting to get the same error i got when tring cdrs.
    Now i am wondering if I were to put an image of a ps2 game on to one of my dvdr&#39;s would they play? (im going to try none the less, but has anyone else?)
    BTW, i have no mod chips or gameshark/actionreplay
    there are veriouse of diffrent versions of the ps2 some play burned dvds some only play dvds with the reigon on 1 3 and all my ps2 is modified to shi* cause ps2 are very dust sensitive and me 2 lazy to clean on a regular bases i know for a fact some of the older ps2 version can play burned dvds but those are unrelable versions of ps2 if you have a ps2 that isnt sooped up to sh*t like mine sell it for a good price and get the new version of ps2 heres info on version update

Hear that? That&#39;s the latest buzz around Sony&#39;s latest model of the Playstation 2. Yes folks, Sony has cranked out another PS2 to supply the masses. Only this time, there seems to be a couple new bells and whistles added.

The first, which is kind of obvious, is an IR (infrared) sensor between the Reset and Eject button. This will probably allow for the function that most fans will kill for - being able to sit back in your couch and remotely switch the PS2 on and off via Standby mode. With the built-in IR receiver inside the PlayStation 2 hardware, it is now possible to operate the remote control without using the separate IR Receiver Unit which was required to be inserted into the controller port with all previous PS2 models. It is also possible to operate the power switch (on/standby/reset) of PlayStation 2 and opening and closing of disk tray, using the separately sold DVD Remote Control. However, the power switch and disk tray cannot be controlled by Remote Control Kit or remote controls bundled with old models of PlayStation 2 hardware.

Second, Progressive Scan. By connecting PlayStation 2 to TV set supporting progressive scan image (525p) through Component AV Cable or D-Terminal AV Cable with Audio Plugs, it is possible to enjoy DVD videos with high quality and high resolution progressive images. Honestly, I have no idea what the heck this is, but if it gets a step up from it&#39;s other predecessors and makes the PS2 work better then rock on&#33; In addition to the existing DVD video playback capability, the new model will also support DVD -R/ -RW disks recorded in video mode and DVD -RW recorded in VR mode (excluding DVD-RAM). It is also possible to play DVD +R/ +RW disks.

Third, a quieter cooling fan. I&#39;ve heard of a couple rare instances where the fan on the back of the PS2 is very annoying. I guess Sony listened and, well, made it quieter. Fan noise has been dramatically reduced through a new airflow design which reduces fan noise by 75% compared to the existing models. This enables PlayStation 2 users to enjoy games and DVD videos in a more comfortable environment.

I also heard of something regarding a &#39;no firewall&#39; connection, which some people have said doesn&#39;t really matter anyway. What I did notice and with some interest was that, upon some general testing, the new GameShark as well as the previous models all worked perfectly. However, Action Replay&#39;s new MAX and their older version (at least the ones that we tested) will not boot up at all. Maybe we just got bad units, but the boys over at Datel may need to check into that.

Anyway, it&#39;s nice to see that Sony is continuing to innovate and update their awesome PS2 by adding more features to it. Although this may sound like exciting news for most PS2 fans, the truth is that these are only secondary changes which will in no way affect game quality or play. Let&#39;s hope that these new features will tide fans over of the best-selling system out there before the PS3 is ready for launch.

all in all yes it is possible to play burned cds on you ps2 without an mod chip it just depends on the ps2 version i hope this helps

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    cool, perhaps i lucked out and got a version that plays dvdr&#39;s. Oh and yes it was a movie. I will try a game whenever i can get one... Seems there are not too many with seedage on BT.

Then again, there is a good chance sony was nice enough to let us watch dvdr movies, but not use games on dvdr. tricky bastards...