Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Double Standards

Poster
    So the Palestinian suicide bombers are terrorists. I'm glad you agree.

In that case the US is providing assistance to it's friend, the State of Israel, to deal with a terrorist problem.

Seems fair enough to me.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Originally posted by chinook_apache@18 October 2003 - 21:34
    well i have only used about...once! so there! the suicide bombers well ok call them terrorists. they kill themselves and other cause the jews wont budge off the Palestinian land. simple as that they feel trapped by constant curfews and destruction of their homes and murder of their familes cause of the israeli soldiers
    Has that helped in any way? Seems it just makes the problem more intractable.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    no jp i said call them terroists which means you can cause i wont. i find israel the terroists, headed under a war criminal who is responsible of 3000 muslims death in beriut in early 80's. sharon likud party is full of right wing extremist anyway even the media mention his administartion have some members who have extreme view against arafat and Palestine! so go on call them terroists..these days any one who is opressed and fights back is known as a terroist! funny how the word terroist wasnt used much before 9-11

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Both sides are "terrorists", however i agree that the State of Israel is the larger.

They are responsible for 10x the deaths the Palestinians cause, easily..

Notice: I said "State of Israel", not Israeli's in general

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by chinook_apache@18 October 2003 - 21:44
    no jp i said call them terroists which means you can cause i wont. i find israel the terroists, headed under a war criminal who is responsible of 3000 muslims death in beriut in early 80's. sharon likud party is full of right wing extremist anyway even the media mention his administartion have some members who have extreme view against arafat and Palestine! so go on call them terroists..these days any one who is opressed and fights back is known as a terroist! funny how the word terroist wasnt used much before 9-11
    That is just stupid.

"The word terrorist was not used much before 9-11". Are you mental or something. The word terrorist has been used for decades. Trust me, anyone from the UK and in particular the North of Ireland is all too familiar with it.

As for suicide bombers not being terrorists, that is just an untenable position to take. They kill indiscriminately, they kill without warning, they kill to bring terror to the community they hate.

They are terrorists, whether you chose to accept it or not.

The fact that the IRA could justify their actions (at least to themselves) when they were having their bombing campaigns in the North and in England did not stop them being terrorists.

Why am I even talking to someone who takes this stance.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by chinook_apache@18 October 2003 - 13:44
    Chinook,

How are you doing?
    You've made your views about the Israeli state and it's leaders clear, so tell me...what do you think of Arafat?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Is it possible that Arafat doesnt trust Sharron bacause the last time he did, in Lebanon, early 80's....he left 1000's of Palestinian women and children in his tender care, at the insistance of the USA, while he removed all the Palestinian fighters.

He did this....10,000 Palestinian fighters left Lebanon, leaving their wives and children behind under Israeli "Protection"...

The Israelis then invited the Christian and Muslim "Militia" there into the refugee camps and watched them massacre them....... 3000+, before the population of Israel found out what was happening and forced their government to stop it.

The Americans didnt even say they were bad boys.....

Clocker,

If it had been you.....would you trust the man again?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Maybe we could have a thread dedicated to the Israel/Palestine issue?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Another one?

I think there are a few already, however if you have found a new part of the problem that we havent discussed yet.....or wish to start a new one without previous posts distorting stuff, then please feel free.

Maybe you can find a new spin on it that would find a consesus view

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@19 October 2003 - 03:14
    Another one?

I think there are a few already, however if you have found a new part of the problem that we havent discussed yet.....or wish to start a new one without previous posts distorting stuff, then please feel free.

Maybe you can find a new spin on it that would find a consesus view
    I was joking you puppy covered pouter!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast