Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Double Standards

Poster
    Originally posted by chinook_apache@19 October 2003 - 12:13
    ok...well since the world domination of bush and his cronies namley blair i think terroism and insecurity has risen. you now have the US stuck in iraq. what happened to shock and awe?? we have like 1 US soldier dead everyday and remind me what they went to war on? have they found what they went for?
    Sorry, aimless wandering is of no interest to me today.

If this is just another USA/UK bashing why don't you just say that.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    im british my self so i would not bash the uk mybe the us tho...

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    I miss something here....

The word FreedomFighters.

People fighting for a cause call themselfes freedomfighters.

Country's or institutions with opposite inerests call them terrorists.

Israel is fighting the palestines with the most advanced weapons, subsidised by a.o. the us.

The palestines are fighting with small recources, formerly rewarded by Saddam Hoessein.(think it was 23000 dollar for the family of a deceased bomber....)

Personally i think both parties in the conflict use terror, i.e. are Terrorists.

I'm not in favour of either parties, though in general i tend to choose the underdog,
    in this case imho obviously the palestines.(i know; there's no good argument there.....)

Just my penny's worth.

Yogi

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@19 October 2003 - 17:18
    I'd like to ask Clocker And JP a question:
    If a person was a terrorist, and part of a terrorist organisation, and killed innocent people for a "cause" that was eventually won, is that person still a terrorist? Or does the fact that they won, and now have their state, mean they are no longer terrorists?

what? like nelson mandela?
    once a terrorist now a nobel peace prize winner [like sharon]

labels like freedom fighter & terrorist get changed as suits the political landscape, terrorism is particularly popular at the moment.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by chinook_apache@19 October 2003 - 13:43
    Having read your posts, in particular the first in this topic, I had taken English to be a second language. As such I did not think of you as British.

However that makes no difference. British people are capable of bashing their own country when they think it appropriate. RF does it on a regular basis, when he believes the British Government are in the wrong. I myself will happily do the same, again if I think it appropriate.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    hmmm jpaul. wel this discussion is really heating up!

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by JPaul+19 October 2003 - 13:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul &#064; 19 October 2003 - 13:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chinook_apache@19 October 2003 - 13:43
    Having read your posts, in particular the first in this topic, I had taken English to be a second language. As such I did not think of you as British.

However that makes no difference. British people are capable of bashing their own country when they think it appropriate. RF does it on a regular basis, when he believes the British Government are in the wrong. I myself will happily do the same, again if I think it appropriate. [/b][/quote]
    hmm JPaul....you like to bash others syntax. You did the same to me in another post. Don&#39;t be an ass.
    Anyway(s)...

@echnida Did Mandela go and kill white people indiscriminately. I don&#39;t think so.
    Palestinians target any Israeli though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Poster
    I never mentioned her syntax, there were more basic problems than sentence construction.

I congratulate you for attempting to be coherent. You didn&#39;t manage, but at least you tried.

Top Effort.

Small point though. Belonging to other would be other&#39;s.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by nikita69+19 October 2003 - 06:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nikita69 &#064; 19 October 2003 - 06:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@19 October 2003 - 06:40
    Is it possible that Arafat doesnt trust Sharon bacause the last time he did, in Lebanon, early 80&#39;s....he left 1000&#39;s of Palestinian women and children in his tender care, at the insistance of the USA, while he removed all the Palestinian fighters.

He did this....10,000 Palestinian fighters left Lebanon, leaving their wives and children behind under Israeli "Protection"...

The Israelis then invited the Christian and Muslim "Militia" there into the refugee camps and watched them massacre them....... 3000+, before the population of Israel found out what was happening and forced their government to stop it.

The Americans didnt even say they were bad boys.....

Clocker,

If it had been you.....would you trust the man again?
    Very imporart and historical time frame. I was working for a relief agency then and stationed there at that time.

When Araft and his army left Beirut in summer of 1983, he went to Tripoli, Lebanon. Then Syria&#39;s army came in surrounded Tripoli to capture Arafat, dead or alive. 2 weeks of massive fighting between the PLO and the Syrian Army, hundreds of civillians died and thousands were injured.

Phillip Habib was sent back and struck a deal with Syria to allow a safe passage for Arafat and his followers thru their land to Jordan. Syria agreed to it. Neither the US, Israelis, nor Arafat trusted Hafez Al-Assad that Arafat will pass thru Syria without killing or capturing him first. So Habib struck another deal to have the PLO forces leave thru Syria and Arafat to go to Morroco via the Israeli Navy (were he stayed there several years before going back to Palistine.

And that&#39;s exactly what happened. Our agency was responsible for the assistance of supplying medical & food products to the PLO.

As for the Sabra & Shatila, the Palestinian camps in East Beirut, was setup by Sharon & the "Kata&#39;ab" led by Eli Hobaika & Samir Jaajaa who are "christian" maronite and "muslim" factions didn&#39;t take any part of those massacres. [/b][/quote]
    Considering that the whole invasion of Lebanon was based on "retaliation" for terrorist attacks that are now universally recognised as not having actually happened (while he was nominally in charge of IDF and Mossad)

How can we believe anything Sharon actually says?

Since he 1st came to public office and prior, he has spoken of "Greater Israel" and he moves towards this, his life long goal. The fact that this means annexing all territory occupied by the Pallestinians, leads me to doubt greatly any "Road Map to Peace" that involves him. After all, he doesnt recognise the Palestinian "Right to Exist". It must have been a terrible blow to him personally when they recognised Israels "Right to Exist" 13 years ago.

As to his attack on Syria, we just have to look again at his "Greater Israel". Jordan and Lebanon are no threat to him at all; Syria is. His "Greater Israel" depends upon Syria not getting involved in any Islamic "Guerrilla" warfare...not only of Pallestinians, but of "fighters" from Lebanon and Southern Jordon. In his own vision, both these areas will become "Protectorates" of Israel, prior to outright annexation.

This may not happen this year or next year....but if Sharon and his cronies are not removed, it will happen.

Of course, when people are stupid enough to do this, in the current climate, its not surprising that Israel is more aggresive in its stance.

It was after all, a similar innocent event that gave Saddam Hussain the impression that it was OK to invade Kuwaite, when the Americans (his biggest allies at that time) told him they were not interested in "a purely Arabian War"....

The Syrians have attempted many times to pass information regarding terrorists to the CIA over the last 20 years, and even contacted the FBI when the CIA refused to take them up on the offers...all to no avail. The USA therefore have no right to accuse Syria, any more than they can accuse themselves, of supporting terrorism........the fact is, both countries do, and both countries will betray the same at the drop of a hat.

This isnt criticism (well it is), every country does.....any government active in world affairs, lies if it denies this fact.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by JPaul@20 October 2003 - 00:51
    I never mentioned her syntax, there were more basic problems than sentence construction.

I congratulate you for attempting to be coherent. You didn&#39;t manage, but at least you tried.

Top Effort.

Small point though. Belonging to other would be other&#39;s.
    Gee thanks but seriously...

Why, if you do know what a person is saying,
    do you have to be an ass though?

I do congratulate you for your attempt at being one. You managed well.

Top Effort.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast