Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Media Studies Project

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Can any of you creative folk out there give me some ideas, I have to make the opening sequence for a thriller film. (I was thinking along the lines of maybe a suspense/thriller but any style thriller is fine )
    It has to be original (in other words, nee copying&#33 and last two minutes. I'm stuck on how to get started with my script (I think once I get going though I'll be okay), I have absolutley no idea for setting or anything at all so any ideas would be appreciated

P.s Please bear in mind that I'm a poor student with only the college's basic equipment for editing and my own pc etc. so I don't have a big budget (ie nothing)

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Think this is an acceptable topic to post in movieworld maybe?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    How about this older guy who falls in love with a younger 'person' on the Internet. He is spurned by the younger person, despite his continued advances and his apparent removal of some of his clothes. The younger person is sent into exile by the big bad wolf, who shall remain nameless, and is never heard from again. The older person extends his plea from the Internet to the radio waves of the world. Still without response. The older person becomes bereft with grief and even resorts to illicit liaisons with other people to try and overcome his problem. The big bad wolf threatens to kill a 'Very,very close' friend of the younger person if he ever encounters him again. To be continued......

Edited to check that any similarity to anyone living or dead has not occurred in this preface.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    hmmmmmm.....no

but hey, at least you put some effort in

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by bigboab@18 October 2003 - 16:21
    How about this older guy who falls in love with a younger 'person' on the Internet. He is spurned by the younger person, despite his continued advances and his apparent removal of some of his clothes. The younger person is sent into exile by the big bad wolf, who shall remain nameless, and is never heard from again. The older person extends his plea from the Internet to the radio waves of the world. Still without response. The older person becomes bereft with grief and even resorts to illicit liaisons with other people to try and overcome his problem. The big bad wolf threatens to kill a 'Very,very close' friend of the younger person if he ever encounters him again. To be continued......

Edited to check that any similarity to anyone living or dead has not occurred in this preface.
    Too ridiculous mate. It has to be at least a wee bit believable.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Oh well! Nap zzzzzzzzzzzz
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Palestinian nut jon threatens to kill young Scottish computer programmer and has someone on stand-bye to attack him and his family.

Turns out the wrong person has been identified and the hit man kills him and his family

Heroic Middle aged detective who does not carry a gun, but works on brain power alone goes undercover on the internet to identify the mystery Palestinian.

Eventually he has to go to the middle east to ....

8. Lounge   -   #8
    all that in a two minute opening sequence!

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Proper Bo, I tell thee@18 October 2003 - 16:29
    all that in a two minute opening sequence!
    That's the outline - you do the opening sequence.

It could be just pictures of computer screens - forums on screen- messsages appearing.

Give the idea of ideas spreading aroud the world, different forums, different screens, different angles.

Quick jump from shot to shot to give the impression of speed and immediacy.

Cheap to do as well.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Just have someone 'die' (excuse to pour red things on them for blood) and then a movie trailer type of events to follow

<span style='color:blue'>Ladies and Gentlemen, John Frusciante</span>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast