Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need-Music

pretend's Avatar Is this it? BT Rep: +1
    As some of you may already know, there's new lossless site (aiming to compete with P and E), called Need-Music.
    I joined it quite early and it looked fine from the beginning. Now I'm not too sure because of constant staff changes, bans, demotions and people complaining about things going wrong I didn't see many changes content-wise, and that makes me curious.
    No drama intended, however I'd be happy to hear unbiased opinions (FST folks deal rather good with it ).
    How do you think about this site? Will it survive as another HQ music community?
    Thanks in advance.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    only time will tell, so i decided to wait and see from the side how things will go.. no reason for me to join fresh places unless they're on open signup and doing a kick-start

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Honestly, the tracker doesn't offer anything new. I stuck around for a day or two, and never bothered checkin it up again. Coupled with instability among the staffers higher up the ladder, ya never know when the site DB might end up in the open.
    these are just my opinions anyway.

wish geddy the very best with his site.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Zac090's Avatar t3h n00b BT Rep: +3
    After what is going on in SqN,I decided to be at more established music sites(Waffles and What)
    I wish them luck though.I ll try it in after 8-9 months,if it survives till then
    Spoiler: Show

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I don't approve of the way the site has been run, and I haven't from the start. I was one of those given mod positions without indicating any interest (in my case, I hadn't even signed up on the site at the time, they made a new account for me). That's half the reason staff come and go... because most of them aren't committed to the site at all. Initially the staff was full of other prominent members in the lossless communities, which I believe was an attempt to add some legitimacy and buzz to the site. They've all jumped ship now though.

The codebase is outdated, and is riddled with spelling errors (the sysop and coder are both ESL, so I understand, but it still looks unprofessional).

There have also been some sketchy rumours regarding donations there, in addition to the fact that they're asking for (and have received) donations this early in the game, despite the site likely being hosted on someone's cheap seedbox.

tl;dr, it was a site that showed some promise but now I'm not really sure what will happen to the place. It's worth noting that the sysop has been banned across several music trackers for various reasons (not all of them benign), so I'd be careful getting too attached to the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Lol, and now I'm getting a message stating that GL is out of business. That is where it seemed to go. But it's just too fast.
    And still no explanation why the site is surrounded with so much grudge, I find most of people involved (GL as well) nice guys Oh well, ignorance is bliss.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Meh, this just reinforces my view that the site was just a front for donations in the end.

As for him being a nice guy, yes he seems nice. Forging EAC logs, having someone donate $100 and banning them the next day, and being involved with someone who had the audacity to try and hack staff accounts at one of the largest music sites... I still remember him as the fellow who signed up on various trackers using E's full name as his user name since he "wanted to join so badly". Also, he claims the other staff who were demoted tried to "steal" his database, which is rather hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I saw the site as fail, from the moment someone even told me about it. Then when I joined, nothing changed. I saw the word FAIL all over the site well before geddy's downfall. I saw no promise, I just saw fail right from the start. The site looked crap, it *started* to get there but even then, I had my doubts.

I foresaw the others leaving the site well before they actually did. They were so out of place there on the staff page, it was hilarious (while also a little alarming), and yeah, far too fantastical to be true.

When you make a site, can you either make it a good one or just not do it at all? Otherwise it wastes people's time and energy. I guess that shout-out won't compute with half of people who make fail sites, so whatever..And that shout-out has nothing to do with whether someone's a nice person or not (just like how trading doesn't mean that person = scum), but just a matter of stupidity and the decisions you make.

Also...I really hate to publicly talk $h!t about someone (it's just distastful) but about geddy, my first impression of him when he joined E (was the same day that I joined actually) was that he was an ass-kisser, he was spamming the IRCs (and forum iirc) like a typical lame noob whore...that just turns me off...so i never had a very good impression of him and his intentions.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    As for him being a nice guy, yes he seems nice. Forging EAC logs, having someone donate $100 and banning them the next day, and being involved with someone who had the audacity to try and hack staff accounts at one of the largest music sites... I still remember him as the fellow who signed up on various trackers using E's full name as his user name since he "wanted to join so badly". Also, he claims the other staff who were demoted tried to "steal" his database, which is rather hilarious.

I want to say something.
    No, I just put another smiley.

GL was the guy with this user name? And is this even true that he has thousands of CDs as he told?
    Last edited by pretend; 02-11-2010 at 11:25 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by pretend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post

I want to say something.
    No, I just put another smiley.

GL was the guy with this user name? And is this even true that he has thousands of CDs as he told?
    yarite. thousands of CDs would help his site get some unique rips (legit logs this time )

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast