Thread: Supernodes

What are supernodes, the options say do not function as a super node, and i dunno what it is...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Supernodes are an essential part of the network. When being a Supernode, other users in your neighbourhood will automatically upload to your machine a small list of files they are sharing, whenever possible using the same Internet Service Provider or located in the same region as you. When they search they send the search request to you as a Supernode. This request will also be forwarded to other supernodes. The results are then send back to the user. The actual download will be directly from the computer who is sharing the file, not from you. The download goes from them to the person who wants it, peer-to-peer.
    Any computer using Kazaa (Lite) can become a Supernode if they have a modern computer and are accessing the Internet with a broadband connection. Being a Supernode does not affect your performance noticeably
    :rtfaq:

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Originally posted by Adster@19 October 2003 - 03:31
    Supernodes are an essential part of the network. When being a Supernode, other users in your neighbourhood will automatically upload to your machine a small list of files they are sharing, whenever possible using the same Internet Service Provider or located in the same region as you. When they search they send the search request to you as a Supernode. This request will also be forwarded to other supernodes. The results are then send back to the user. The actual download will be directly from the computer who is sharing the file, not from you. The download goes from them to the person who wants it, peer-to-peer.
    Any computer using Kazaa (Lite) can become a Supernode if they have a modern computer and are accessing the Internet with a broadband connection. Being a Supernode does not affect your performance noticeably
    :rtfaq:
    my bad man, thanks though

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Mr AnDy D's Avatar Poster
    wtf? how do you get those cool emotions like that? my site barely has any -_- I like that one^^

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    wtf? how do you get those cool emotions like that? my site barely has any  I like that one^^
    when you make a post click on show all for more emotions

sorry I didn tmean to be rude about the rtfaq