Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Itunes

cappella(m)'s Avatar Poster
    ok ok I've heard enough here.. This is really a FILESHARING forum..
    To all of the comments I read:

1st - when I would get a job I sure wouldn't spend this money for some crappy music tracks
    2nd - Who really cares if an artist gets millions more or million less ?
    And at all... why paying for something when it's available for free ?? legal or illegal..who bothers.... ? I already pay enough for my internet connection, for my dsl flat.. It's really not CHEAP.. So now I also have to pay the RIAA or someone esle..NO THANKS.....
    like a statement on p2pnet.net "KEEP THE INTERNET FREE"
    An artist is just a one person..why should we all care about one person who already has a lot of millions and gets a few millions less ? Isn't it better if millions of people get it better and save their money which they need for other more nessessary thing than buying cds ????? And yeah..this also..the artist gets just crappy 0,09 cents of this 99 cents..
    PEOPLE PAY ENOUGH FOR THE INTERNET...SO KEEP THE REST FREE !!!
    We're here to fight for our digital freedom and not to support the riaa by bying there music on the net or somewhere else.. !!
    And I never gonna buy a cd again as I heard that they sued a 12 year old girl...This assholes should burn in hell. ......

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    Originally posted by echidna@20 October 2003 - 15:58
    does anyone know if the windoze version is a good ripped for encoding CDs as the mac version was? ::
    I ripped some audio CD tracks just fine. Its pretty fast too.

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by GLiO+21 October 2003 - 09:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GLiO &#064; 21 October 2003 - 09:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-echidna@20 October 2003 - 15:58
    does anyone know if the windoze version is a good ripped for encoding CDs as the mac version was? ::&nbsp;
    I ripped some audio CD tracks just fine. Its pretty fast too.[/b][/quote]
    can it save the ripped tracks as mp3? or wav?
    [on the mac version you can check two check-boxes in the preferences and upon inserting a cd itunes queries the internet for the track titles and the rips and encodes the disk to the hard-drive and ejects it when it&#39;s done. All while playing the cd without missing a beat [seamless shift from the cd to the encoded files when the cd ejects] :: i thought it was pretty cool

PS :: i completely agree with the notion that paying steve jobs 99¢ per song is a mugs game.

i just rekon that if it is as good a cd ripper and music librarian on windows as it is on mac then you might want to use it in its ripping capacity

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Poster
    GLiO is right. Stealing outright is wrong. If everyone were to download, fewer artists will make music. The record companies will create more cookie-cutter auditioned acts like Britney Spears, N*SYNC, Backstreet Boys, Christina Aquilera, etc., and sign less rock bands. They pay their contracted artists a lot less than they do a band they had to discover. And that&#39;s what they&#39;ll continue to do if filesharing keeps cutting into their profits.

I am also against what the RIAA is doing. They are making billions on music sales. So they lost a few hundred million dollars. We&#39;ve all lost something since 9/11, but you don&#39;t see me suing my ex-employer for laying me off because they were afraid terrorists would blow the place up. (Big tech firms around here laid off several thousand employees in a fear that one of the big firms might get hit... I think Agilent was the most concerned...) The RIAA is trying to blame their losses as a result from the depression we&#39;re all suffering from, on a bunch of kids who want to listen to music. And there should be nothing wrong with listening to music. It&#39;s selling burned CDs that is hurting their business. If you don&#39;t make money on what you&#39;re downloading, what&#39;s the problem? You&#39;re not taking any money from RIAA. You&#39;re just not spending on them, what you did last year. And they&#39;re proving that that constitutes theft, and it&#39;s wrong.

I got iTunes for one thing. QuickTime 6.4. If you try to download the new QuickTime 6.4 by itself, you&#39;re given iTunes. I really don&#39;t care for jukebox software. I have my music arranged how I want it, and Winamp does the job fine for me.

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    Hey personally I LOVE iTunes for windows. I downloaded it and it works like a charm. I didnt register a username or password because i dont plan on buying any music with it. Although it is a perfect source if you want to see top songs and listen to the first 30 seconds of any song, then go right on over to kazaa or bittorrent and download that puppy for free&#33;

itunes does take a couple seconds longer to open up though if you have quit a few songs in there...but i think its way better then Windows Media Player.

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    Originally posted by Queball79@21 October 2003 - 20:06
    Hey personally I LOVE iTunes for windows. I downloaded it and it works like a charm. I didnt register a username or password because i dont plan on buying any music with it. Although it is a perfect source if you want to see top songs and listen to the first 30 seconds of any song, then go right on over to kazaa or bittorrent and download that puppy for free&#33;

itunes does take a couple seconds longer to open up though if you have quit a few songs in there...but i think its way better then Windows Media Player.
    You can get also Winamp and listen the all song.

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    FYI, their proprietary m4p format is fairly easy to get around. All you have to do is burn it to a CD-RW, then use any ripping software to save it as mp3. And it&#39;s only a matter of time before simplified conversion programs start cropping up.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345