Thread: Tv Wonder Ve Freezes

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    When i try to use the "TV" feature on my TV Wonder VE card.. it freezes windows (i left it like that for 40 mins once just to make sure it froze even)
    The card has used to work.
    My computer never suddenly Restarts or becomes unstable, so this means the card is probably not damaged physically.

I recently added an ATI Radeon 9500 Pro.. would this conflict?
    I installed the latest drivers for the ATI Radeon 9500 Pro and Tv Wonder VE..

It only freezes on the tv mode thing.. I also ugraded multimedia center.. but that didnt help.

btw. i also checked the device properties and windows correctly has the drivers installed for the ati wonder ve.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    anyone? it's been like 3 hours

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    here's the error log for it:

*** Log Manager 0: Opened on: 10/18/2003 [20:42:01]
    [20:42:02] ResMngr::LoadObject CoCreate Error: ClassNotReg CLSID: {B6761AC7-0F95-4184-8CEE-0E8495BEBD13}
    [20:42:04] TvDisp: StartUp: Failed to setup DTV Graph
    [20:42:04] CDrvCap_MPG::GetQuality: Failed to get Defaults from Video Encoder for: MVEQ_QUALITY_CCIR601
    [20:42:04] CDrvCap_MPG::GetQuality: Failed to get Defaults from Video Encoder for: MVEQ_QUALITY_VGA
    [20:42:04] CDrvCap_MPG::GetQuality: Failed to get Defaults from Video Encoder for: MVEQ_QUALITY_HHR
    [20:42:04] CDrvCap_MPG::GetQuality: Failed to get Defaults from Video Encoder for: MVEQ_QUALITY_SVCD
    [20:42:04] CDrvCap_MPG::GetQuality: Failed to get Defaults from Video Encoder for: MVEQ_QUALITY_DVD_HIGH
    [20:42:04] CDrvCap_MPG::GetQuality: Failed to get Defaults from Video Encoder for: MVEQ_QUALITY_DVD_MEDIUM
    [20:42:04] CDrvCap_ASF::GetDefPresets: Unable to validate 56K Modem quality

^ btw, I dont even have a 56k modem.. I've fresh installed windows many times after i got dsl and stuff.. that sucker is long gone.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    this page might help you. http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/3690.html
    If it still freezes it sounds like irq problems. try putting the card in another free pci slot., or trade slots with another pci card. This hard resets the irq's in the cards,
    and most mobo's share irq's with slots 1,3, and 5

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I already tried traded pci slots. That page doesnt seem to help the freeze problem.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I just uninstalled DirectX 9 useing DirectX 9 Uninstaller.. then i installed the DirectX 8.1 off the XP CD. I checked everything in Dxdiag.. all working at version 8.1 now, BUT TV Wonder VE's TV function still Freezes the system 100%! I am useing the Debug log window function with the MMC TV program, but the damn computer freezes so i cant even read it!!!
    The card does work correctly on a different pc, so this is still a software problem.. I'm baffeled now

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Here's the error i get when i uninstall ALL Ati drivers from both cards.. use Driver cleaner, etc.

Now after a FRESH install from the ATI Wonder VE cd (They have to work)
    here's what i get! :
    Those damn drivers are correct.. wtf

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    i might just warrenty this p.o.s, but it'll prob not work when i get the new one back if it's a software problem.