Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earthlink Users- Any Suggestions?

Hi all- I was hoping that some of the earthlink.net subscribers out there could help me out with a problem that I'm having.
    I cant get the contents of My Favorites (IE Bookmarks) to show up in IE, or in windows, from the start menu. Have any of y'all had this problem before, and how did ya get it fixed, if you did?
    I've got a VERY strong feeling that it's the earthlink software that is blocking it, since I had a problem similar to it the very first time that I installed their stuff. The first time, I solved it by upgrading IE, but that didnt seem to work this time. Any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    -Genesis-'s Avatar Poster
    Wait a min??????? Is this not a kazaa lite forum??? What is earthlink eneway??

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    earth link
    didn't they threaten random nut the other week

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Mivaro's Avatar _________
    Originally posted by cosmic doobie@19 October 2003 - 15:59
    earth link 
    didn't they threaten random nut the other week 
    That's Earthstation...
    I think he means Earthlink webmail
    'English impaired'

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Why post your question 3 times??

edit: 12:39 + 12:43 and now this one
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    you need to be signed on earthlink or open your favorites under documents and settings>user name>application data>earthlink>earthlink username> here one of the files has your favorites not sure what it is called could be favorites

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    rite click System bar/properties/advanced/start menu settings/DISPLAY FAVOURITES

This is for Windows 2000, i think xp'z is slighty different

edit: wat does this topic have to do with kazaa lite

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Wow, some people don't know about Earthlink? It's just another ISP.

Hi all- I was hoping that some of the earthlink.net subscribers out there could help me out with a problem that I'm having.
    I cant get the contents of My Favorites (IE Bookmarks) to show up in IE, or in windows, from the start menu. Have any of y'all had this problem before, and how did ya get it fixed, if you did?
    I've got a VERY strong feeling that it's the earthlink software that is blocking it, since I had a problem similar to it the very first time that I installed their stuff. The first time, I solved it by upgrading IE, but that didnt seem to work this time. Any ideas?
    Are you using TotalAccess 2004? If so, you have to be signed into the Task Panel to have your favorites showed up. They will only be displayed in IE not other Windows. This is so only YOU can see your favorites. When you signout, the favorites are switched back to the defaults.

Does that solve your question?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    can ne1 explain to me wat does IE bookmarks have to do with Earthlink

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    replying in order of the posts to the thread-

Mivaro- yes, that damn bar that they installed so that I can connect to the net over their service. If ya dont install it, ya cant connect.

Nostalgia- On one of those dupe posts, I apologized for that. Stupid Opera is throwing a kiniption fit over loading these message boards, and when I click to add the post, the screen locks. Even tho it transmits, it gives me an error message saying that it didnt. I've learned to work past it (I THINK...) tho, so no more of that from me

MM- I gotta stop reading your more technical posts when I'm so damn tired I'll check it out when I get back up, but after what Mr. Blunt posted...I think I'm screwed.

Ultimate Jester, I'll try that too....when I get back up. and to your later question- Earthlink is becoming invasive as HELL!!! GRRRRRRRRRR If they keep up with it, they gonna have a monster like AOhell 6.0+
    Thanx both of yas!

Mr. Blunt- yep...that answers my question. I appreciate you knowing that 4 is like that...but it's bad news to me. I'm used to installing 3, which you can bypass that shit, so I told 4 not to import my faves. Looks like a reinstall, back to three....and that prolly means that I'm gonna have to reinstall my router. Sheesh...I'm tired of reinstalling stuff after this FOURTH format, plus the fdisk on top of it. Oh well...nuff whining wolf! Thanks for letting me know the source of at least Part of my woes!

Hopefully, these things that Jester and MM are telling me to try, will work! Thanks VERY much guys- having to open my favorites folder, and opening a bookmark from there isnt too hard, but it gets old...fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast