Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is There An Easier Way?

vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    its not really an option for most people....in that its a bastard having a 5 mile long cable stretched from my house to my gfs, in order to watch a movie over there.

anyway, go to kvcd.net and get ACP (theres a forum for it) this will take any avi and extract audio/convert/etc to a nice vcd/kvcd/svcd for you. then use vcdeasy to add chapters and burn...simple
    <insert signature here>

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Flaskmpeg can make it as vcd, but you need to find the panasonic mpeg encode file, wich can be a bastard to find sometimes. but that program never failed me for vcd&#39;s.

flaskmpeg only becomes a problem when you want subtitles, because some scenes will be missing them.

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@29 October 2003 - 18:11
    its not really an option for most people....in that its a bastard having a 5 mile long cable stretched from my house to my gfs, in order to watch a movie over there.

anyway, go to kvcd.net and get ACP (theres a forum for it) this will take any avi and extract audio/convert/etc to a nice vcd/kvcd/svcd for you. then use vcdeasy to add chapters and burn...simple
    Thats exactly my problem, thats why I need to be able to make vcds, I already have tv out on my comp, I&#39;ve a got a ATi 9700 gfx card, but slogging my pc about is out of the question. Buying a laptop is also outa the question.

But yeah, thanks for all the help so far, I&#39;m gonna check out that Kvcd site, sounds interesting.

Cheers

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    As soon as someone makes a program that says:

Select file to make DVD/VCD
    Insert blank disc
    Burn
    Finnished

I&#39;ll jump for joy.
    Well then start jumping, because there are already programs that do it like this. Try Dvd2svcd from http://www.dvd2svcd.org. This program does everything in one run. All you need to do afterwards is to burn the shit to either cd (as vcd or svcd) or Dvd. Installing the whole thing takes you like 5 to 10 minutes. After that just select the avi-file or the dvd you want to encode and the program will go through the whole process by itself. Works great for me.

Greetz, D&#33;mensio_x.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    muchspl2
    agreed, the goardian knot methdod is the best way to rip and convert from dvd
    http://gknot.doom9.org/

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Originally posted by muchspl2@29 October 2003 - 23:59
    I wanna rip from avi tho, especially the annoying ones with AC3 audio.

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@29 October 2003 - 17:11

u can buy those wireless access points for tv out. tigerdirect and newegg has them

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Originally posted by muchspl2@29 October 2003 - 22:59
    after isntalling the gorden pack my codec and stuff screwed up.

also none of the programs that are included in that pack are good for converting from dvd/ifo to avi, they all have there little problems.

i still havent found a good simple way to make a freeking dvd into avi.

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    i still havent found a good simple way to make a freeking dvd into avi.
    Tried this yet?
    DVDX Copy XPRESS.

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by ang3r@30 October 2003 - 04:32

after isntalling the gorden pack my codec and stuff screwed up.

it doesn&#39;t have codecs, user error :-"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast