Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overcloking: I Think I Barely Blowed My Hdd.

Poster
    Putting anything magnetic near an h/drive or floppy can wipe the thing , no they are not sheilded be my guest if you want to try it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+30 October 2003 - 15:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 30 October 2003 - 15:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by neattairoski@30 October 2003 - 08:29
    Originally posted by clocker@21 October 2003 - 03:51
    <!--QuoteBegin-leonidas
    @19 October 2003 - 15:29

I&#39;m pretty sure the problem came from the conflict betwen both magnetic forces, the one of the fan, and the one of the Hard Disk.

Not likely.

Look elsewhere.

Correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt the HDD be magnetically sheilded ??
    Yeah. You need to look for another reason. I suspect that you power supply voltages are no longer within tolerances. Adding the fan(s) has added more load and now your power supply is overloaded. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think it could be for another reason, cos I did just move a existing fan. The one which was situated on the bottom-front of the computer which is supposed to create with the power supply fan, the cooling flow in the machine
    Plus, I&#39;m using Hmonitor, and the HDD t° was 22°celcius when I heard the beeeeeep&#33;&#33;.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12