Thread: Diablo 2 - Lod

Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Well, I've just installed LOD v1.07 but forgot that my D2 game.exe was cracked so it (just this file) didn't install... therefore the damn game doesn't work

Maybe it's not just that, but any way i try, i can't get it to work... when i tried to patch to 1.09d it told me that d2client.dll didn't match (version), and a v1.09d cracked game.exe doesn't work either.

The thing that really sucks is that i don't have the original d2 CDs... so now i can't play the original d2 either

Can anyway tell me how to uninstall just the expansion or maybe find a solution to my problem - maybe a cracked v1.07 exe ?

Any help appreciated

2. Games   -   #2
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    By the way, what happens is as follows:

The game loads, the cinematics, then the screen, I can even create a new character (LOD), but when i launch the game with any character (any act) it crashes to the desktop.

I'm using WinXP with a fairly good comp (waaaay higher than what d2 requires), tried using both DirectDraw and Direct3D.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Ynhockey@26 October 2003 - 12:11
    By the way, what happens is as follows:

The game loads, the cinematics, then the screen, I can even create a new character (LOD), but when i launch the game with any character (any act) it crashes to the desktop.

I'm using WinXP with a fairly good comp (waaaay higher than what d2 requires), tried using both DirectDraw and Direct3D.
    what error message did you get? Try deleting all your saved games/characters for a start.

4. Games   -   #4
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    I don't get any error message... it just crashes to the desktop.

EDIT:

YES! It worked after removing all the characters... but now i'm facing another problem - i spent DAYS building up my previous 2 chars... of course i backed them up, but won't restoring them cause this problem again ? I hope not...

Anyway, thx I'll play around with it and see what can be done...

5. Games   -   #5
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Did you get the actual CD Images?
    I did, then i upgraded to version 1.09d.. used Daemon Toolz cd emulation+those cd check enhancer features.
    Runs fine.