Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Game System Requirements

Poster
    my pc sucks so i cant play the really good games!
    AMD Athlon 2500+
    512 RAM
    80GB Western Digital
    1.83 GHZ
    GYGABYTE ATI Radeon 9200 128MB

2. Games   -   #42
    Minimum system requirements really depend on your view of minimum gaming standards ... The minimum system requirements posted in the booklets are a load of bull, seriously you will have a worse time playing the game than if you didn't at all.

For example, for a decent performance in UT2003:

P4EE 2.53
    nVidia Ti4600
    1024 PC3200 DDR2
    Gigabyte P4 Titan
    And of course a SB Audigy card.

Now, thats for the MINIMUM requirments.

I had that system when UT2003 came out, and it lagged a lot too, especially on some of the more demanding levels.

Right, now for the full experience:

P4C 3.2
    Gainward CoolFX5900U GS
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 (now ZS)
    1024 PC3700 DDR2 From OCZ
    Gigabyte Titan

Even with those specs, I find that the game lagged slightly on full setts on the more demanding levels.

Remember that some of the custom levels are extremely demanding on graphics cards, especially those with those awesome magma effects.

Really, minimum specs are the best specs you are willing to put the money aside to acheive ... If you only just reach the so called 'minimum' requirements, there really isn't any point in getting the game untill you have something that is significantly better than those 'minimum' specs.

3. Games   -   #43
    Poster
    Originally posted by TenebraruM@23 October 2003 - 09:35
    Minimum system requirements really depend on your view of minimum gaming standards ... The minimum system requirements posted in the booklets are a load of bull, seriously you will have a worse time playing the game than if you didn't at all.

P4EE 2.53
    nVidia Ti4600
    1024 PC3200 DDR2
    Gigabyte P4 Titan

I had that system when UT2003 came out, and it lagged a lot too, especially on some of the more demanding levels.

P4C 3.2
    Gainward CoolFX5900U GS
    Gigabyte Titan

Even with those specs, I find that the game lagged slightly on full setts on the more demanding levels.

Remember that some of the custom levels are extremely demanding on graphics cards, especially those with those awesome magma effects.

Really, minimum specs are the best specs you are willing to put the money aside to acheive ... If you only just reach the so called 'minimum' requirements, there really isn't any point in getting the game untill you have something that is significantly better than those 'minimum' specs.
    i've played it on a slower comp than your "decent list" and never had any probs at all everything runs smoothly
    maybe I was lucky

4. Games   -   #44
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Me too. I doubt it was luck though.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. Games   -   #45
    Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@23 October 2003 - 10:29
    Me too. I doubt it was luck though.

was a joke (duuh )
    it runs smooth as a mofo
    never had probs with any ut game

6. Games   -   #46
    Poster
    Originally posted by miffo+23 October 2003 - 03:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (miffo &#064; 23 October 2003 - 03:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TenebraruM@23 October 2003 - 09:35
    Minimum system requirements really depend on your view of minimum gaming standards ... The minimum system requirements posted in the booklets are a load of bull, seriously you will have a worse time playing the game than if you didn&#39;t at all.

P4EE &nbsp; 2.53
    nVidia &nbsp; Ti4600
    1024 PC3200 DDR2
    Gigabyte P4 Titan

P4C 3.2
    Gainward CoolFX5900U GS
    Gigabyte Titan

Really, minimum specs are the best specs you are willing to put the money aside to acheive ... If you only just reach the so called &#39;minimum&#39; requirements, there really isn&#39;t any point in getting the game untill you have something that is significantly better than those &#39;minimum&#39; specs.
    i&#39;ve played it on a slower comp than your "decent list" and never had any probs at all everything runs smoothly
    maybe I was lucky [/b][/quote]
    no miffo your right but this guy wishes he knew alot about computers and specs for gaming and is trying to act as if how good your PC specs are can measure how big his penis is . if you want good perfromance with decent quality i&#39;d say a 2.0 GHz CPU 512 DDR and a 9600 Pro. if thats out of your budget bump down the CPU to a 1.8 and the GPU to a 9200 128 MB card. cause i can run MP2 with eevrything high on my fx 5200. i even ran the HL2 beta leak on my card with few skips and slow downs. peopel can get the best game to run with eevrything on with a 2.4C 9800 Pro and a gig of 3200 DDR without going under 20 FPS. the only exception is Splinter Cell. which still can make the newest video card work hard. Doom 3 can even run better on some machines then Splinter Cell can.

7. Games   -   #47
    You sure you didn&#39;t have to lower the setts past highest?

Damn you are lucky then if you didn&#39;t.

Stat fps >> I really don&#39;t think you&#39;ll be getting a decent fps (60-70)

And I highly doubt you&#39;ll get enough to utilize a 200fps monitor.

How much did you OC that then?? and how?? You got Dry Ice cooling or something??&#33;&#33;

8. Games   -   #48
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by miffo@23 October 2003 - 11:35
    was a joke (duuh )...
    *sigh*

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. Games   -   #49
    Poster
    Originally posted by TenebraruM@23 October 2003 - 11:43
    You sure you didn&#39;t have to lower the setts past highest?

Damn you are lucky then if you didn&#39;t.

Stat fps >> I really don&#39;t think you&#39;ll be getting a decent fps (60-70)

And I highly doubt you&#39;ll get enough to utilize a 200fps monitor.

How much did you OC that then?? and how?? You got Dry Ice cooling or something??&#33;&#33;
    don&#39;t really know cause I don&#39;t usually play it on that tin can
    just tried to see if it would run on it so me and my bud could play mp
    at the same time with the same serialnr over the net and so on
    just wanted to state that the game works even if you don&#39;t have the latest flashything comp
    never said that the settings were set to highest

normally on my own comp I have the settings as high as they can go without lag
    and for UT2k3 it was as high as they would go

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345