Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Fit Large Files To A Cd?

b4icu's Avatar Greater Demon
    specifically, i am trying to split a 750 mb avi file to put it on 2 cds. any gurus out there willing to share an idea?
    Never miss a good chance to shut up

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    it will fit on 1 disk, just do a search

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    you can make an xcd and burn the file in mode2 then the .avi will fit on a 700mb cd. you can do this with mode2 cd maker. here is the url http://webs.ono.com/usr016/de_xt/mcf.html
    if you dont want to go that rout you can always split the avi with virtualdub. load the file set the video to direct stream copy. use edit and set your in and out marks and click---file---save as avi. make sure your in and out points are on keyframes or you may wind up with audio/video synce issues.
    i cant think of any other way to fit a 750mb avi file on one 700mb disk unless you use the mode2 cd burning method. i mean you can always re-encode but who wants to drop quality. i use xcd's all the time and have never had probs with em. plus i get to add that ever so more bitrate to my rips. and every little bit counts.just read up on them and know all the pros and cons before you go that route.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    all you have to do is use nero and choose over burn, most things in the prosses of geting encoded and burn will fitt automatically anyways

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    all you have to do is use nero and choose over burn, most things in the prosses of geting encoded and burn will fitt automatically anyways
    are you saying you can put a 750mb avi data file on a 700mb cdr using overburn? **without re-encoding?** if so good news to me and overburn rules.but, i wasnt aware you could burn an extra 50mb of data in mode1 on a 700mb cdr

thanks for the info. i learn something everyday.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Just burn the file as data using Nero Burning Rom and it will burn onto disc but u can not watch on DVD player.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Video in VCD format can be well over the 700mb mark...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by REALITY@20 October 2003 - 05:16
    thank you reality

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    could also try to find some of those hard to find 800 mb cd-r disks.

or could use a file splitter on the file before burning it, there's some freebies at www.webattack.com click the freeware tab along the top. Dont ask me to recommend any, I havent used one in a looooooooong time. sowwy

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    yes this is true im sorry if i misunderstood i thought he had an avi. he would have to re-encode the file to vcd format in order to burn in vcd format and that reencoding the file will be a loss of quality that is all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast