Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Cpu Should I Buy

Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by Sparsely@20 October 2003 - 18:22
    ARE you building this yourself?

You need a couple case fans too...especially if you're going for the Athlon...
    & yeah...good catch on the NIC, I forgot that most now
    have ethernet onboard....and you can drop the sound card completely if you just get a moBo with onboard sound (the AMD one in my post above has it.)
    ONboard sound = mroe of your cpu power down the drain and no i cannot internet shop. newegg does not ship to canada
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Originally posted by Keikan@20 October 2003 - 20:49
    ONboard sound = mroe of your cpu power down the drain and no i cannot internet shop. newegg does not ship to canada
    URGH. wrong. you don't read well. Nforce 2's onboard sound is different because it is a true hardware soundchip on the motherboard. it kicks the SB 128's ass. i'm not going to try to explain it to you anymore.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    we made a nice PC, & under budget!
    Maybe we should start a computer show like "Trading Spaces"

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Keikan+21 October 2003 - 04:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Keikan @ 21 October 2003 - 04:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparsely@20 October 2003 - 18:22
    ARE you building this yourself?

You need a couple case fans too...especially if you&#39;re going for the Athlon...
    & yeah...good catch on the NIC, I forgot that most now
    have ethernet onboard....and you can drop the sound card completely if you just get a moBo with onboard sound (the AMD one in my post above has it.)
    ONboard sound = mroe of your cpu power down the drain and no i cannot internet shop. newegg does not ship to canada [/b][/quote]
    u live in canada? wat up man&#33;&#33; i&#39;m not in canada, but i&#39;m canadian living in chicago. wat up.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I wanna go to seattle
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    ive never actually bought a pentium, ive been amd all my life, EXEPT for when i had my first pc wich was a pentium 100.

BUT if you still havent decided, ide say get an amd xp2000 or higher.

wats weird is, my friends 2.06ghz pentium runs more slugish then my other friends 667 pentium, so i dont think they are as reliable as amd.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    @huuramis, If your friends 2 ghz PC is slower than the 667 mhz then there&#39;s a problem there. It sounds like a cooling problem. Pentium 4 CPUs have an automatic &#39;throttle down&#39; feature if they get too hot.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Hell, you can get a Radeon 9800 nonpro for just under &#036;250 these days.

Also, a 9500 pro only has 4 rendering pipelines.

&#036;243 Sapphire 9800 np, third item from the top

Opinions of people who have bought the 9800np I linked u too

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by adamp2p+20 October 2003 - 20:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 20 October 2003 - 20:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kazaaliterock@21 October 2003 - 02:17
    u can get a radeon 9500 for 98 dollars. search pricewatch.
    My advice for you is to steer away from pricewatch. Stick to zipzoomfly.com and newegg.com. [/b][/quote]
    Well, alot of times pricewatch will quotes prices from all sites, including newegg and zipzoomfly.

If your using pricewatch, I would just suggest checking the site they direct you to, and be specific on what your searching for.

On the main page, if you click on the 80GB EIDE link, you can get one for as cheap as 56 Dollars&#33;

However, thats with a 2, not 8MB cache, and 5400 RPM, not the 7200RPM, that you would probably want, and that I was looking for atleast.

But yeah, Pricewatch is good, just be thorough in the sources and links they give.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123