I found a better bandwith user than my original source/s

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Rhys@20 October 2003 - 06:32
    How do i add a source to my dl?
    I found a better bandwith user than my original source/s
    do you have both dats??

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    wat u mean both dats i thought there was only one for a file?

explain how to add source for a newcomer such as myself plz

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Rhys@20 October 2003 - 06:50

well first i need to know if you have two of the same file in your traffic window

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    It is remotely qued but generaly it starts off trying to connect to 5 users, but ends up wif 1 or possibly 2

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    right now is downloading at like 0.15, i followed some tips and supernide jumped and changed port , searched in search for more soureces etc

it went well for about 1/2 hour at 10kb/s but now it back to wat it used to be b4 i fiddled wif things

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+20 October 2003 - 06:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 20 October 2003 - 06:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rhys@20 October 2003 - 06:50

well first i need to know if you have two of the same file in your traffic window [/b][/quote]
    you still have not answered my question boss

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Rhys@20 October 2003 - 10:50

Finding more sources for active downloads

If you have a couple of big downloads that are downloading at snail pace, then it can help to find additional sources. Tools like Speed Up are good for that purpose. But sometimes it can also help to use the powers of ASM to give your downloads a boost.

right click on the file in the "Traffic window" move your mouse over
    the "Find more from the same" tab and then select "File name"
    (or go to the seach panel and search for the same file as the one that you want to try to give a boost. Turn AutoSearchMore on. Search for a minute or less.
    "make sure you hit &#39;&#39;find more sources&#39;&#39; "

start a download.

After that continue searching for the same file. This time you can enable AutoSearchMore if you want. Search for another minute or less. Two minutes for rare files. Searching longer doesn&#39;t help much, trust me.

You will notice that the download speeds are much higher now.

But why didn&#39;t we initially search until we had hundreds of results? Well, only a maximum of 30 sources is stored in the .dat file when you start a download. But once the download is started, an additional 120 sources can be added (150 total). That&#39;s why we continued searching after starting the download.

[this is from the kazaa lite FAQ at http://www.kazaalite.tk/

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    because i dont kno the answer and (puffin) i&#39;ve tried that, explain how i can work out the answr musle plz

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+20 October 2003 - 13:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN &#064; 20 October 2003 - 13:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@20 October 2003 - 06:51
    <!--QuoteBegin-Rhys
    @20 October 2003 - 06:50

well first i need to know if you have two of the same file in your traffic window
    you still have not answered my question boss[/b][/quote]
    i think MM means did you select to DL the file with the higher bandwidth wich would put two DATs (of the same file)in your traffic window so you could then use K-dat (or something) to veiw the source and add it to da dat ya wana speed up.

and the method i mentioned before will do this automatically if the source is avalable

and this source with higher bandwidth might be sharing a file that could potentially have thousands of users in queue
    but using a tool like kdat is very usefull for adding sources to rare files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast