Thread: Windows 95

dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I just got a nice laptop.... from about 8 years ago. I decided to use it as my Nintendo laptop and would fill it up with roms. I have tried over 30 emulators and none of them work. Several ran, but didn't have any video, others had sound and video, but would run VERY slow, and they could only run a few of the games.

I would like to get nestical to work, but when I try the win 95 version, it can't load the DDraw.dll. I replaced my DDraw.dll and it still didn't work. I tried the Dos version, and it said it needed Dos4gw.exe. I got it and whenever it runs on the laptop it has errors.

What should I do? I think I should reformat, but I would need to find a copy of windows 95 that can be put on floppys because the laptop doesn't have a cd rom.

Any suggestions, and/or links to files I should try. Whether it's an emulator I should try, or where I can get DirectX 3.0 so that I can hopefully fix the DDraw.dll problem. Or Different dos I can install that might fix the Dos4gw.exe problem, or any other ideas.

It's hard finding obsolete programs.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    directx 3 here i cant verify the file as i didnt download it all ....

EDIT: I cant verify these either found with emule plus

ed2k://|file|Windows.95.Floppy.Version.rar|21911595|687850E53F615DF1B9166E6AB9C62E5E|/

ed2k://|file|Windows.95.B.Floppy.zip|48585956|D6911BBEB2B7633A0724929CB5A59419|/

ed2k://|file|WINDOWS.95.OEM.(.FLOPPY.Disk.VERSION.(30Req)..zip|34597663|575CD6483563C2CD1538D5E9D4E9EB4A|/

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Thanx

I'll test them out when I get home.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    no probs mate

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Try here if you want older dos http://www.doslife.com/stuff.html

Don't forget your drivers for the laptop before you format '95 doesn't have everything like the newer ones,you will also need a bootdisc just in case the version I have on disc is NOT bootable you need a DOS version on and Win3.1 etc.