Thread: Help With Burning Jedi Academy

Lick My Lovepump
    I downloaded Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy from Kazaa and the files are:
    game-ja2.bin 721 mb
    game-ja2.cue 69 bytes
    game-ja1.bin 692 mb
    game-ja1.cue 69 bytes

I have burned the first CD, which is ok, but when I try to burn CD2 with Nero 5, (in exactly the same way i burned CD1) but it says general error, when I do anything (simulation, writing, measure speed...). This messes up the CD and is getting me reall annoyed now.

Also, I have noticed that when I search on kazaa for game-ja2.bin it comes up as about 738mb, so has the file corrupted?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Games   -   #2
    Octopussy
    probably corrupted...kazaa sucks use bittorrent

3. Games   -   #3
    Lick My Lovepump
    Ok, any way to fix the corruptedness?

4. Games   -   #4
    Octopussy
    there are some programs...im not sure tho but you could MAYBE get the file that is corrupted from another person instead of downloading the game all over again...did it says which file made the error?

5. Games   -   #5
    Get CDMage, http://cdmage.cjb.net/. load the Cue. click Action>Scan for corruption. then if it has corruption. click Repair Corrupter Sectors. if that does not work , click Rebuild Sector Fields

6. Games   -   #6
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@20 October 2003 - 18:35
    game-ja2.bin 721 mb
    game-ja2.cue 69 bytes
    game-ja1.bin 692 mb
    game-ja1.cue 69 bytes

I have burned the first CD, which is ok, but when I try to burn CD2 with Nero 5, (in exactly the same way i burned CD1) but it says general error, when I do anything (simulation, writing, measure speed...). This messes up the CD and is getting me reall annoyed now.

Also, I have noticed that when I search on kazaa for game-ja2.bin it comes up as about 738mb, so has the file corrupted?

this is why we DONT burn games as soon as you dl the cd images.

ppl with experienced in this matter would mount the cd images with daemon tools and play the game to make sure it's not corrupt or fake, if everything works out then you burn the game.

clearly the works of a noob

7. Games   -   #7
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+21 October 2003 - 03:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 21 October 2003 - 03:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mad Cat@20 October 2003 - 18:35
    game-ja2.bin 721 mb
    game-ja2.cue 69 bytes
    game-ja1.bin 692 mb
    game-ja1.cue 69 bytes

this is why we DONT burn games as soon as you dl the cd images.

ppl with experienced in this matter would mount the cd images with daemon tools and play the game to make sure it&#39;s not corrupt or fake, if everything works out then you burn the game.

clearly the works of a noob [/b][/quote]
    whats teh ddifference if you burn it and it dont work then its the same as testing it... cause its corrupt.....

8. Games   -   #8
    Lick My Lovepump
    Right. I have CDMage now, and when I try and load the cue file it says:
    Invalid format of cue file
    Error in file statement
    Line:1.

It says this about the other cue file too.

I&#39;m doing on the actual bin now. It seems to be finding stuff.

The reason I&#39;m burning it is because the computer I am on has no where near the system requirments for the game. I&#39;m burning it so I can take the CDs to another PC and play them there.

The only way to use Daemon tools would be to burn that and the bin to another PC, which would be just as pointless.

9. Games   -   #9
    You know the Cue and the BIN must be in the same folder, and have identical names.

DO you know how to open a cue with notepad and make sure the names are identical

10. Games   -   #10
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Russo@21 October 2003 - 07:58
    You know the Cue and the BIN must be in the same folder, and have identical names.

DO you know how to open a cue with notepad and make sure the names are identical
    I know that

Oh, and in regards to this post, CDMage rebuilt the 140 sectors of corruption, thanks for all the help&#33;