Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blocking Torrenting from router

sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    First rub the router and the hard disk together.Then in a poorly ventilated room,mix some ammonia and bleach and stay there with the router for a couple of minutes.If that doesn't work,make sure your internet is on then repeat step 1 till you see some spark-like-internet-fire-thing-like-things.According to this article I once read on ehow that should work

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by KS-202 View Post
    I've heard that NetGear routers have a firmware thing where you can block certain ports in it. If it's possible, block ranges 1-20, 23-79, 81-442, and 444-65535. That way he'll only be able to use the 'net & FTP. This is drastic, mind you, and not a recommended approach, and will most likely also block IRC, which uses 6667 on non-SSL.
    I would say that blocking these ranges is probably the best thing to do if you dont use torrents yourself, Just leave ports 80 and 443 open as mentioned above then everyone will still be able to use the web and secure sites. Just dont block every port like you mentioned before or you might as well not bother paying for internet any more!
    Last edited by frenchyd; 03-01-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12