Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this box being raped ?

Just signed up for another seedbox, have 3 on trial at present. this one is taking numerous attempts to login and when i do it's so slow to add a torrent it is taking over 5 minutes . I have never had a ftorrentflux before

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    A server load of 47 if i'm reading that right (its a bit small) is very high.. is that all the time or not??

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i am adding a pic i took 30 seconds ago it;s mnore the speeds i am concerned about but i guess server load is important too

Last edited by bigwicker; 02-25-2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    14 is still a pretty high load. How many other people are you sharing the server with? I'm guessing its not a dedi.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    unoriginal i am not sure is there a way to find out ?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    If its a 100mb server shared then the speeds are about right tbh.. it shows the overall speed is arond 10mbB/s
    I doubt you can find out how many people are on there. you could try to ssh into the box, but it prolly wont let you.. You could also try moving out of your home directory in FTP and see if you can see other directorys

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    PerMaFrOsT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwicker View Post
    If you have not uploaded a torrent through the browser and the server is loaded of course it is shared among more users than you.
    Last edited by PerMaFrOsT; 02-25-2010 at 06:22 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PerMaFrOsT View Post
    If you have not uploaded a torrent through the browser and the server is loaded of course it is shared among more users than you.
    i know it's not a dedi i was asking if there was a way to find out how many were using the box. when i try to upload a torrent file to start downloaing it takes at least a minute to actually upload refresh and start a minute is if i am lucky earlier over 3 mins a time

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    PerMaFrOsT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by PerMaFrOsT View Post
    i know it's not a dedi i was asking if there was a way to find out how many were using the box. when i try to upload a torrent file to start downloaing it takes at least a minute to actually upload refresh and start a minute is if i am lucky earlier over 3 mins a time
    Which type of access do you have to the box?? Only TFlux GUI & FTP?? Sometimes with VNC you could investigate how many users are in the box, but if you´re in a trial maybe you dont have this type of access.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    phauk's Avatar Poster
    If you have ssh/vnc access, use:

cat /etc/passwd (see how many users are added)

or type -> lastlog (you can see all the users who were last to login, assuming they/you have ssh/vnc axx)

14% is very high, torrentflux-b4rt is known for being a resource hog, but with that said, that server seems oversold - it probably is a dedi, but shared with 8+ people to have loads like that.

I suggest you find someone else mate - and before you buy, find out how many people actually share the server with you.

Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast