Thread: NZB Indexing sites

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    It's only 1 or 2 sites
    [center]

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ld View Post

It's incredibly tough to get into, but it is supposedly the best place for TV. The 'transvestite bisexual news' thing is (used to be?) a clue to the passphrase you need to get into the irc chan so you can beg for an account at the site.
    Why does it feel like usenet is turning into BT?

Rare sites, rumored to be the best there is...

The hilarious bit is that all posts are public, It's like getting an Invite to isoHunt

Some people don't know about BinSearch, NZBIndex etc to search for a release and create a NZB.

I can understand about not knowing that you can request on IRC because some people are baffled by connecting to servers and using triggers to use in order to request.

/server irc.efnet.nl
    /join #alt.binaries.<group> (mostly)
    --/join #gotnzb4u to download NZBs filled on a AltBin network

I personally hate EFNet, they do nothing to add a layer of anonymity, Like LinkNet, Rizon etc do.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    BANNED
    RSS feeds from auto indexers are notoriously unreliable, and although you could probably code a bot to grab nzbs from irc, for most people that's too much hassle. When TVbinz was open, its feeds were a quicker than matrix and newzbin, and it was free. I doubt that has changed now that it's private.

There does come a point though where you have to ask, is it all really worth it just to get a 10 minute head start downloading?

4. Newsgroups   -   #14

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltar600 View Post
    Doesn't seem to work very well.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ld View Post

It's incredibly tough to get into, but it is supposedly the best place for TV. The 'transvestite bisexual news' thing is (used to be?) a clue to the passphrase you need to get into the irc chan so you can beg for an account at the site.
    Why does it feel like usenet is turning into BT?

Rare sites, rumored to be the best there is...

It has always been like that. The best sites/places for NZBs are hidden from the public eye.

$11 Astra subscription = almost a decent scene axx if you know where to look.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    And yet, people still waste countless hours/spend hundreds a month trying to find scene access, people feel the need to spend $30+ per month on seedboxes, or torrent sites try to "leech" releases off faster sites to have better pretimes.

All when usenet does it all, for a small 11$ (and even less at times) a month.

We need to bring more users to the light.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    The rule number one of fight club is...

I honestly don't think we should try to draw more attention towards usenet or the semi-private NZB indexes. It will just cause more trouble especially after case newzbin (the case isn't closed yet but it's really not too hard to try to guess the result).

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    And yet, people still waste countless hours/spend hundreds a month trying to find scene access, people feel the need to spend $30+ per month on seedboxes, or torrent sites try to "leech" releases off faster sites to have better pretimes.

All when usenet does it all, for a small 11$ (and even less at times) a month.

We need to bring more users to the light.
    I agree with you 100%
    why waste money on a seedbox hell of alot cheaper for usenet.

Well i might let them damn torrent sites die not very secure anyways!
    unless you want to pay for a seedbox/or vps.

For $11 i don't have to worry about my ip being put on front street and i don't have to worry about wasted bandwidth,at least upload/ratio wise.
    Last edited by Talkaboutfiles; 03-16-2010 at 07:41 PM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    n00b BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    God bless USENET

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast