Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Funny Thing Happened In Lab The Other Day

Poster
    Just thought i'd sahre this with every1...
    A few days ago in my college lab some cops came in and started weighing bags of pot!!
    An hour or so later I noticed that the bottle of sodium was unguarded in the lab area. Just so you know, sodium is a metal which explodes when it touches water . Anyway, i stole the bottle of sodium and had some fun with it at home. The next monday the professor was worried sick, telling the class about the stolen bottle of sodium.
    I felt sorry for the man so i removed my fingerprints from the bottle, wrapped it in paper and placed it in a conspicuous area. Luckily no one thought it was a bomb, and the lab got their sodium back B)

Anyone fellow Grossmont students here?

Edit: Any student who is passionate about chemistry HAS TO steal a bottle of sodium from the lab once in their life. It's like a rite of passage.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    not a grossmont student but I've been known to hang in fashion valley B)

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    I love san diego Gonna transfer into UCSD in the fall and get a job in biotechnology. I never want to leave!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Double Agent
    you call that exciting?

ever stole bags of human fat to make something far more fun?

like candles? nah lol

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by SodiumChloride@20 October 2003 - 08:27
    Just thought i'd sahre this with every1...
    A few days ago in my college lab some cops came in and started weighing bags of pot!!
    An hour or so later I noticed that the bottle of sodium was unguarded in the lab area. Just so you know, sodium is a metal which explodes when it touches water . Anyway, i stole the bottle of sodium and had some fun with it at home. The next monday the professor was worried sick, telling the class about the stolen bottle of sodium.
    I felt sorry for the man so i removed my fingerprints from the bottle, wrapped it in paper and placed it in a conspicuous area. Luckily no one thought it was a bomb, and the lab got their sodium back B)

Anyone fellow Grossmont students here?

Edit: Any student who is passionate about chemistry HAS TO steal a bottle of sodium from the lab once in their life. It's like a rite of passage.
    if you were smart....

you would have cut the sodium metal to tiny pieces and put it in water to collect the hydrogen gas

I have much better uses for that

6. Lounge   -   #6
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Biotechnology is a great choice. During my first visit to California, I met a vietnamese guy in the s.f. area who was doing quite well as a computer tech working for a biotech firm. How well? Let's put it this way, he drives a racecar for a vehicle. Anyway, see you in Pacific Beach!! Life is good.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Danmit in the subject you made it sound like you mixed dope and sodium and smoked it

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Sodium goes inside your body which the majority is water = boom?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Not boom, pssh(it burns, it burns)>add fire>boom. If I remember correctly

The most often repeated experiment I saw in chemistry class involved a small piece of it, a small piece of paper a small tub of water and a lighter.

They stuck it all inside a glassbox, put it on the paper and that on the water, watched it swisch around for a bit, I think there was a sort of a flame too, and then they stuck the lighter in and it went pop, and the teacher grinned like a madman, cuz' he was .

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Danmit in the subject you made it sound like you mixed dope and sodium and smoked it
    me to i was looking foward to a super budz or somthing iv always wanted some1 smart to figure out a way to greatly boost up the potincy of bud now im pissed off oh well back to the drawing boards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast