Thread: Help Please

I am
    receiving messages that MaCaffi Firewall has detected a newtear attack can some one kindly explain how I should respond.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Can anyone Help Please?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    you have it set to block the attacker right

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    MUSLEMAN Thanks for the reply. My Firewall blocks the attack and warns me that an attempt has been made but its annoying to keep having this warning pop up I was wondering if there was a way of getting rid of it, as presumebly it wont, go away on it's own.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by kb123@22 October 2003 - 08:07
    MUSLEMAN Thanks for the reply. My Firewall blocks the attack and warns me that an attempt has been made but its annoying to keep having this warning pop up I was wondering if there was a way of getting rid of it, as presumebly it wont, go away on it's own.
    open your tracer and put the ip range in your ip block list in your firewall

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    MUSLEMAN Sorry to be so dim but your solution is foreign to me would you mind explaining in simple terms. I am still trying to get to grips with modern technology. Thanks for your patience.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by kb123@22 October 2003 - 08:31
    MUSLEMAN Sorry to be so dim but your solution is foreign to me would you mind explaining in simple terms. I am still trying to get to grips with modern technology. Thanks for your patience.
    lol what is your version of mcafee av and firewall??

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by kb123@21 October 2003 - 22:20
    I am
    receiving messages that MaCaffi Firewall has detected a newtear attack can some one kindly explain how I should respond.
    Its only your firewall warning you about a possible attack,try reading your firewall FAQ's as i am not familiar with Mcafee firewall.You might get how to turn it off.

You should modify your sig too,we support kazaa Lite here,not kazaa.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    virusscan 7.03.6000 Firewall version 4. Nemo sorry about the sig. but I can assure you I do support Kazaa Lite, but it cost me to learn.