Thread: 3d Studio Max, Anyone Know How To

I really need to create a nuclear explosion with 3ds Max. I've looked around for some tutorials, but I didn't find any really good ones. Ones that I found were a little bit too cartoony, i'm trying to go for realistic. If anyone knows how I can make the mushroom cloud, or has a link of where i can learn to make a mushroom cloud, can you please let me know?

I'm using 3ds Max 5, with no extra plugins (if i need plugins to do this let me know, i can probably find some somewhere)

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    yeah i know how, i will go hunt the tutorial. may take sometime though so dont get your hopes up yet

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    k i think this is what you want, first you will have to go here to get the pluggin. its called blurfire (8th one down).

Once u have installed that, the closest i could get to a neuclear explosion was following this tutorial, but instead i did the ball of flame. And for the mushroom effect and another hemisphere for the body of the mushroom and a sphere or another hemisphere for the rest of it, just play around with it until it looks good, Trail and error is the best

First make a Spheregizmo anywhere you want your fire to be shown and click hemisphere unless you want a ball of flame
    after i did that, i got dustdevil from same site as blurfire and added a sheregizmo same as the flame but used the dust devil to create smoke. Then added landscape rocks and anyother features.

Hope it helps.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    It'll probably take me some time to figure out everything you told me, but it sounds good. Thanks for taking the time to help me out. Just one more request though, do you have any rendered images of the nuke explosion that I can take a look at that you did?

If any has some other links that I could check out, they're still helpful.

Thanks for the help!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    http://www.omind.net/

That has the best nuclear explosion tutorial I've seen.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    http://www.omind.net/
    That has the best nuclear explosion tutorial I've seen.
    VERY cool. Thanks for the link.

By the way... anyone know how to start creating the shape of the mushroom cloud? I'm working on the tutorial at that link, but I'm not sure how to create the original shape, I've got very limited experience with 3ds Max (referring to step 1 )

So now I've got two to try, thanks a lot! It's much appreciated!