Thread: Insanely Slow Downloads?

KentyMac
    I was trying to download a clip or two by Joss Stone to see if I liked the album enough to buy, but for some reason the files will only download at insanely slow speeds (< 0.1 Kb/sec). Everything else downloads quickly (> 100 Kb/sec) except these mp3s. Other audios files are also fine, it just seems to be something about these particular mp3s. When the files come up under search it might show 40+ users with an estimated download time of a few seconds, yet it&#39;s actuallly very, very slow. I don&#39;t understand why only these particular files are so slow. Does anyone have an idea?

(I&#39;ve tried this on two different computers and connections, DSL vs cable, with the same results.)

Thanks for any help&#33;

KentyMac

2. Music   -   #2
    i had that same problem then i got kazaa gold

3. Music   -   #3
    h1

4. Music   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by KentyMac@22 October 2003 - 06:10
    I was trying to download a clip or two by Joss Stone to see if I liked the album enough to buy, but for some reason the files will only download at insanely slow speeds (< 0.1 Kb/sec). Everything else downloads quickly (> 100 Kb/sec) except these mp3s. Other audios files are also fine, it just seems to be something about these particular mp3s. When the files come up under search it might show 40+ users with an estimated download time of a few seconds, yet it&#39;s actuallly very, very slow. I don&#39;t understand why only these particular files are so slow. Does anyone have an idea?

(I&#39;ve tried this on two different computers and connections, DSL vs cable, with the same results.)

Thanks for any help&#33;

KentyMac
    say KentyMac u know y ur downloads r so slow is because of ur Participation level & or because ur only downloading 4rm 1 person

5. Music   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by KentyMac@22 October 2003 - 06:10

Thanks for any help&#33;

KentyMac
    i have that problem sometimes 2 and i have DSL if i download a song 4rm 2 people or more it downloads like less than 3 minutes and if i download 4rm 1 person it goes at the speed of Dial Up

6. Music   -   #6
    Poster
    and when u download u want 2 look at the "BANDWIDTH" the highest it gets is 3906

7. Music   -   #7
    Poster
    u want 2 download something with high BANDWIDTH because higher it is the faster the file downloads

8. Music   -   #8
    i give credit to musleman for this, although i prolly changed it alittle bit....

DON&#39;T BE FOOLED ON WHAT YOU SEE ON KAZAA SEARCH, PEOPLE GET OFF AND ON EVERY SECOND, SO ITS NOT ALL THAT ACCURATE....
    ps IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE OTHER USERS

9. Music   -   #9
    Poster
    hey guys i think you are in the wrong forum - try problems and PLEASE:

:rtfm: &#33;&#33;