Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Innocence

Poster
    futilistic - what a bloody fine word.

2. Lounge   -   #72
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by JPaul@25 October 2003 - 05:33
    futilistic - what a bloody fine word.
    Then by all means keep it, cherish it and bring it out on special occasions, JPaul.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Lounge   -   #73
    [i]"Loving oneself" is a seminar slogan, a mantra for the paying sheep. It has no lustre or originality. Oh, I do accept my strengths and limitations and feel comfortable about myself, if that's what you meant.

Do you really...??
    And if it applied on you, you wouldn't have posted a piece like yours....
    If you notice I never indicate that I am disappointed with myself. I am disappointed with the world and what it has to offer. It is like arriving at a circus full of anticipation only to find it contains only a few sickly animal. Would I be upset at my shortcomings? No, obviously I would be unimpressed by the circus. I exaggerate my point simply for illustrative purposes.

And i would NEVER advise anybody to love oneself, i just state that's what you will need to get over your obvious disappointments.
    If i would skip the platitudes and paying sheep-mantra's(irony???), i would have to charge you...........
    As I said before, I could smash my head against a wall to lower my intelligence, then stand around fascinated by all the mundane baubles that capture the minds of the sheep. Disappointment is a matter of expectation and the ability to perceive quality from crap. I see "loving myself" as an unrelated topic.

Was the poem not something you offered for me to glean insight from? It begins, "I used to blame the world". Well, as I said, I blame no one for my life condition or my views.
    Self pity and remorse? I am not disappointed with myself or regret what I have done or not done, I have just found out that those adult things which I looked forward too were not as fulfilling as the hype.

Actually, the poem stated "I used to, etc." Wouldn't that refer to me??
    As in: i know all about disappointment..........
    You seem to find it really hard to overcome your defense.......
    If i seem to write in another language than you, sorry for that........
    If you want to share your life experiences with me, put in a paragraph. If you want to take a concept and generalize it, put it in a poem. .
    I read the poem as a generalization. I found that it did not apply to me in any way. I cannot relate to the "I" in the poem.

Quip alert! What defense am I taking, how am I attempting to overcome it. Evidence and examples are all you lack, which is everything, actually.

As for the box, you did. I made certain statements, you made assumptions that I must be a person filled with the above, you were wrong. The box you wanted to put me in did not fit.

You are the one holding those boxes, friend.
    As i stated; i hate boxes......
    Please stop with the vacuous quips. If you think I "am holding the boxes", you need to explain how? Redirecting the comment is simply a "tactic".

As for "true love" (not love of family and such), with the valiant knight and the beautiful princess who lived happily ever after. I have found that the "twitterpation" part is easy, it is the "happily ever after" part that can get be a bit of a letdown.

I know i state the obvious, but "happily ever after" is something you have to work for and it won't come easy.
    Yes, you do. I already said exactly that before.

You left the delight. That's a bummer, i'm serious.
    But i can hardly imagine you thought it would be lying around somewhere in this forum, though this forum can certainly lift you from your "mundane" life from time to time.....
    Ah, another quip, and a disrespectful one at that. I find that this forum is full of intelligent and funny people. Is being on a forum a "waste of time", should I 'get a life", "take a walk and smell the flowers". Why should I not find it here, is there something cut rate about the members. Are they unable to function as sources of insight and inspiration? Or do I need a seminar or guru for that?

At any rate, life does suck, sometimes. But not all the time. You disagree, you think that life fulfills your expectations, good for you.

I guess for me I am at that stage in my life where I have reached my final plateau. Done with school, steady job, finally out of debt. I spent my youth, delaying gratification. I feel like someone who has spent his life swimming to the surface of the ocean, watching the light grow brighter as I ascend, focused only on the getting to the surface. I have finally broken through and I don't see much but water all around me. But at least I can swim.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Lounge   -   #74
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    But at least I can swim.
    Okay, i won't quote, quip or use platitudes and mantra's anymore.

This is getting a wordbattle and i think that's JP's department........(with all respect)

We seem to talk/read a different language.

The world is YOU.....

Grtz,

I close.

Yogi

5. Lounge   -   #75
    BANNED
    I guess for me I am at that stage in my life where I have reached my final plateau. Done with school, steady job, finally out of debt. I spent my youth, delaying gratification. I feel like someone who has spent his life swimming to the surface of the ocean, watching the light grow brighter as I ascend, focused only on the getting to the surface. I have finally broken through and I don't see much but water all around me. But at least I can swim.
    I am reminded of Carlos Castenada's journey with Don Juan, only he flew.

I must say Hobbesy, until SG pointed out your many faults, I took you to be a well rounded intelligent, if somewhat melancholy chap. Maybe I should go back on the pills.

6. Lounge   -   #76
    Originally posted by SensualGardening@25 October 2003 - 18:29
    But at least I can swim.
    Okay, i won't quote, quip or use platitudes and mantra's anymore.

This is getting a wordbattle and i think that's JP's department........(with all respect)

We seem to talk/read a different language.

The world is YOU.....

Grtz,

I close.

Yogi
    I also see the futility in continuing. We do in fact, communicate on different frequencies.

But, I don't play word games(battles). I state my opinions and I defend them with evidence and examples.

Word games are for those who are more interested in "being" right, than in what "is" right. Not my style.

7. Lounge   -   #77
    Poster
    Without wishing to appear futilistic, I see little future for this thread.

Acknowledgments

hobbes - the word futilistic

clocker - the permission to use it

8. Lounge   -   #78
    Originally posted by JPaul@25 October 2003 - 18:51

Acknowledgments

From JPaul:
    However I am sure you will agree that the language is living and growing.
    Just trying to make my humble contribution, glad you approve.

9. Lounge   -   #79
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+25 October 2003 - 19:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 25 October 2003 - 19:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@25 October 2003 - 18:51

Acknowledgments

From JPaul:
    However I am sure you will agree that the language is living and growing.
    Just trying to make my humble contribution, glad you approve. [/b][/quote]
    I most soitanly do.

Like I said a bloody fine word. You must be very proud.

10. Lounge   -   #80
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by JPaul@25 October 2003 - 11:17

Like I said a bloody fine word. You must be very proud.
    Proud but still disillusioned.

Perhaps that explains the damage to my garden.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast