Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie Not Working

Poster
    Hey,

I just downloaded the Rundown...but it's not working. When I try to open the file Windows Media player says the format is not supported. What's goin on? I've also tried Real Player, Winamp and Quicktime but still isn't working. The file is .avi so I don't understand...

I'm also running the latest version of K-Lite

ould someone please help on this issue?

Many Thanks,
    Ricey

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    BANNED
    download the klite codec pack and videolan codec pack has bs player and gspot, between the bsplayer and videolan you can play anything and the gspot you can use to see if the files are real or fake

install codec pack but play with videolan first

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    Tried it, Its saying Unknown File Format...

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I get this sometimes if the file I download is incomplete or corrupt. I usually download movies through IRC though, but that is the same error I get.

Try using VirtualDub to open the file, and then scan the stream for errors etc.

You can get VirtualDub from here.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    OK...it says the following:

"Not Supported: Microsoft owns US patent #6,041,345 on the ASF file format, preventing third-party applications from extracting data from ASF files. ASF file format support was removed as of V1.3d at the request of Microsoft and to avoid patent infringement claims, and as such VirtualDub no longer supports ASF. Please do not ask for versions that do"

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    zinc1's Avatar Poster
    Are you sure its a verified movie and it does acctually work

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    You can download VirtualDub 1.3 with ASF support from this page:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tools#Virtualdubtools

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    It says it's a asf file but u say it's .avi so someone probably renamed it which makes it a fake, where did u get it from? If kazaa I think it's probably a fake. But since it's says it's an asf file just open BSPlayer (comes with kazaa-lite codec pack) and then make sure u associate it with asf files by going into the options and set the file type and see if that works.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    BANNED
    Mate if it is an avi find out what codec the movie was compressed with.Open it with gspot included with the codec pack and look for 4cc code.Also in the codec pack is a 4cc code changer....I think the codec you need is "mp43",it was always in the codec pack.If it installs by default i'm not sure,or if its in the new pack.So if all above fails,find out the codec and tri and change it to another,say 3ivx to mp43,divx,xvid.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    Hey, I used the virtual dub with asf support and yeah - its a corrupt file. Ill have to download another copy

ah well, thanks for replyin every1

Ricey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast