Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Ignorance

muchspl2
    I didn't get "meh" from you, I stole it from some peeps in the #ftc channel, most of them from the UK and seems like a common saying across the pond

2. Games   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@23 October 2003 - 22:13
    I didn't get "meh" from you, I stole it from some peeps in the #ftc channel, most of them from the UK and seems like a common saying across the pond
    Who do you think they stole it from

3. Games   -   #23
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by noname12@23 October 2003 - 23:14

Who do you think they stole it from 
    what about " the ______ from hell", I came up with blanke from hell, thats mine
    ex. the babysitter from hell, the car from hell
    I can't believe it isn't attributed to me

4. Games   -   #24
    Originally posted by Pitbul+23 October 2003 - 20:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 23 October 2003 - 20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tHe LiNk@23 October 2003 - 05:00
    Why oh why are you comparing many years old technology to the latest cutting edge graphics cards available on the market today?. The ps2 graphics chip was revolutionary for its time, comparing it to a graphics card such as the FX 5900 ultra is just moronic.

I agree, the PS2 is &#39;better&#39; than the Xbox, with less manipulated figures, well hey, what do you know, Microsuck made it so what do you expect
    In what way do you mean &#39;better&#39;, incase you were actually referring to the graphics, the playstation 2 can actually still pull along decent graphics, but it does not compare to the potential of the xbox.
    basically the GS in the Ps2 is alot harder and newer to program for and sony didn&#39;t release a middleware and alot of the devs just dont want to put in extra tiem to learn. also the X-Box has reached its limit already not only that but Doom 3 on the x-box is gonna look really shitty considering the Xbox ix below its min requierments. that means more work and having to tone down the game more then you would for a computer. also the Ps2 is running Killzone at a steady 60 FPS with no slow downs. thats more then the X-Box did with Halo at locked 30 FPS and the x-box did have slow downs. [/b][/quote]
    I assure you, despite the xbox having "specs" less than that of doom 3&#39;s minimum requirements, it doesnt mean anything - the xbox version of doom 3 will run and look fine as long as they port it correctly. You can&#39;t compare the xbox specs to a computer, despite the similarities.

5. Games   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@23 October 2003 - 21:59
    meh, still doesn&#39;t beat this
    No i havent

6. Games   -   #26
    Console - One purpose machine, useful for wasting money and breaking control pads.

And emulators

7. Games   -   #27
    Poster
    yes, some people are ignorant when its comes to consolve vs. pc or console vs console. But i find that, if a person owns a certain console, or pc, they will favor that. I myself only own a pc, and a super nintendo, but lets not bring that into this discussion. But i have friends and siblings that own consoles, and i like game cube the best. First person shooters on consoles are just too hard to have good control in, using that second joystick to look shit is just not fun, can never get good with it. I find the other games alot of fun though, like fighting games especially, but the only fightnig games i really like are soul cal 2, super smash bros melee, doa3. I think thats it, game cube version of soul cal 2 is the best out of the 3, link owns. I think pc&#39;s are better because they can be upgraded, and have alot more uses other than gaming. My friend once said &#39;consoles are better because there made for gaming strictly&#39;, and i told him that hes a dumb shit and if he knew anything, consoles are computers, just with those pieces needed for gaming used in them, which aernt always best. All Games are made on computers, for computers, its how it all works. So the onyl thing to argue about is what system has titles exculsive for it that are better than the other ones, soon enough, games will be so badass and improved in every way everyone will be happy with what ever console, if there isnt just one.......hopefully.

8. Games   -   #28
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Esal@24 October 2003 - 02:20
    So the onyl thing to argue about is what system has titles exculsive for it that are better than the other ones, soon enough, games will be so badass and improved in every way everyone will be happy with what ever console, if there isnt just one.......hopefully.
    Exclusive titles is what I&#39;ve been preaching forever. If the PC had all the same titles as well as the consoles. GAME OVER for consoles.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Games   -   #29
    Twist3r
    who gives a shit about who likes what better

every console/pc has advanteges and disadvanteges

10. Games   -   #30
    f*ck the newbies who are obsessed with hardware specs. it&#39;s about GAMES. use whichever machine has the games that you want to play. a machine can be the fastest thing anyone&#39;s ever seen, with the most spectacular graphics, but if it doesn&#39;t have games people want to play then there&#39;s no reason for them to buy it.

people who can&#39;t shut the hell up about mhz, gigaflops, frames per second and bogomips are the ones who are ignorant. whichever system has the games that are the most fun to play should be the one that you consider the best... not the one that simply has the most horsepower.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast