Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Ignorance

Doesn't it just sooo agravate you the way no0bs critisize you and make fun of you, saying that you're wrong all the time and that you're stupid to buy a PC ' instead' of a console and that consoles are just 'so' much better than PCs?

Damn they must be idiots if they think that PCs are only for gaming ...

I mean there was something on the teletext Digitiser replacement letters section recently, it went something like this:
    (Note that me is NOT me)

Me: Why do you buy a PC instead of a console, when the console has just as good games, has more of the latest games, is cheap and easy to use?

Friend: Urm ... because it costs 10x as much, and you have to download all the patches and updates before you can play?

OMFG the ignorance!!

1) Consoles suck compared with PCs

I mean even the revolutionary PS2 128 bit emotion engine graphics is surpassed these days by the ATi 9800XT and the nVidia FX5900U ...

When I was saying this to a friend that had an Xbox, I said to him it was based on a 733mHz P3 (what I didn't realise at the time was that it was based on the rubbish Celeron), and that modern PCs were 2.53 at least with 6 operations per cycle ...
    He replied that the Xbox was more than that, about 4gHz or he thought even more

I mean FFS! he thought that HD space was internal volatile memory!! what a ignorant no0b

Later he got a Celeron from Dell and said that his PC owned and it was the latest!! put up the benchmarks and guess what ... I had a 3DMark 4x his, I mean ffs he thought that prebuilts owned ... omg

And also there was something on Digitiser recently 'God I feel like a Geek, comparing mHz with gHz, deciding which is better, really got to know what your talking about'

Rrrrrr

And I mean

RRRRRRRRRR

This makes me feel ******* angry, I hate ignorance!!

And especially told I'm wrong by a ******* no0b!!

They know **** all and should listen to us

I still havn't vented my anger RRRRRRr

2. Games   -   #2
    Double Agent
    why r u getting all worked up over this?

just ignore him

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    especially nowadays when some games released to ps2
    and then to pc with built in support for the gamepad via the usb port

that shoots every argument by the kneecaps that a consoul is better cause of better controls with the gamepad

if u got a good monitor (like a 21"-23" with at least 1600x1200) ethe graphics are
    kickass better

besides can they watch divx movies downloaded xxx and surf the net as easily???
    heeeell no

edit: I cant speel tdoay

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    dude your a noob and your a jackass moron whose contridicting yourself. what did u use to go on the internet? what did u use to post this topic?. first you tear down PC's then in another topic you act like you are the know all and be all PC tech. you moron you said you needed a 2.53 P4 to get and i quote "Decent" performance out of UT2k3. as far as im concerned your just another "dumb noob". and before you try and go off again about consoles i do own a Ps2 and i do not compare consoles to PC's and get the GS in the Ps2 can contend with ATI 9800 Pro's cause Killzone has proved that but still you come off as a moron and i advise you to re-think your opinions and post prefrences and topics before you continue to make yourself look like a complaining ass.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    for those of you who think the Ps2 has weak graphics go here http://www.killzonegame.com/ click on the newest headlinre labels "The best we'ce seen so far" then scroll down click to link to the screenies and check them out.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    wow , I never thought my ps2 could do that...
    and yes there is a significant difference in some on the games that are played on console and on PC.

enter the matrix for example, you can see the ps2 release has a higher detail and much better graphics than if you played etm on the pc.

7. Games   -   #7
    I did not tear down PCs,

I love PCs, hell I still have the first OCed one I did, a P2 233 MMX,

I am not tearing down PCs

I am tearing down the ignorant people who refuse to accept what experienced PC owners say, even daring to say that consoles perform better in gaming than PCs.

Please read what I say before critisizing me.

And, what the **** is the point in playing a new game on an old desktop. The minimum requirements stated that you needed a '733mHz Celeron/PIII or higher' and a '64mb 3D video card' on UT2003 manual. I tried getting it to run on my ancient PIII 933 w/ 256 RIMM, Geforce 440 and SB. Even on the lowest settings, it lagged. I mean wtf is the point in playing a game where you aren't enjoying yourself?

oh and btw the FX5800/FX5900 are WAY better than the Emotion Engine,

And the PS2 has only 8mb volatile memory, and thats also used as the graphics volatile memory. Thats what lets it down so much.
    I agree, the PS2 is 'better' than the Xbox, with less manipulated figures, well hey, what do you know, Microsuck made it so what do you expect

8. Games   -   #8
    And urm ... unless your playing Enter the Matrrix on low setts and a 640x* res, then it is absolutely impossible for the PS2 version to have lower detailed graphics than the PC version, unless of course they have engineered it so that it isn't as good on the PC, thus encouraging people to buy the console.

Remember that all next gen consoles run at 640x* res.

Also btw you sure you don't have TFT or an antiquated monitor?

9. Games   -   #9
    Why oh why are you comparing many years old technology to the latest cutting edge graphics cards available on the market today?. The ps2 graphics chip was revolutionary for its time, comparing it to a graphics card such as the FX 5900 ultra is just moronic.

I agree, the PS2 is 'better' than the Xbox, with less manipulated figures, well hey, what do you know, Microsuck made it so what do you expect
    In what way do you mean 'better', incase you were actually referring to the graphics, the playstation 2 can actually still pull along decent graphics, but it does not compare to the potential of the xbox.

10. Games   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Pitbul@23 October 2003 - 10:49
    for those of you who think the Ps2 has weak graphics go here http://www.killzonegame.com/ click on the newest headlinre labels "The best we'ce seen so far" then scroll down click to link to the screenies and check them out.
    k first of all that game is released on 2004....so we aren't talkin about the games RIGHT now, eh?

Second, Unreal Tourney 2k3 beats the hell out of those graphics.... majorly kicks its ass....

have you even played ut2k3? i mean with full graphics on an lcd? i guess not...

DWk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast