Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing Program Troubles

Poster
    Originally posted by FKDUP74+25 October 2003 - 03:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FKDUP74 &#064; 25 October 2003 - 03:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3223@24 October 2003 - 19:00

i have XP, i have admin. rights, and the software is called The Print Shop Signature Greetings. Does that help??
    where&#39;d ya get the software? couldnt find it in broderbund&#39;s xp software list.... [/b][/quote]
    its not for XP. it just says windows on the disc. its a 4-6 year old program. So any info on the web will be hard to find. on the disc it says somc.com.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    if its 4-6 years old then run it in compatibility mode for win98 or 95, if you got norton systemworks or norton cleansweep use it to uninstall prog, there are other un-install progs out there, also you could try and just re-installing under compatibility mode without uninstalling it, it may work. HERE is a freeware uninstaller you could use to uninstall it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by boyzeee@25 October 2003 - 15:38
    if its 4-6 years old then run it in compatibility mode for win98 or 95, if you got norton systemworks or norton cleansweep use it to uninstall prog, there are other un-install progs out there, also you could try and just re-installing under compatibility mode without uninstalling it, it may work. HERE is a freeware uninstaller you could use to uninstall it
    the program wasnt on the uninstaller list. how do i run it in compatibility mode?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    i explained it in my first answer.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by boyzeee@25 October 2003 - 21:18
    i explained it in my first answer.
    it still would not create the registry keys&#33;&#33;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    then i suggest it wont work with xp, its not uncommon with older software written for previous versions of windows. win98, 98se and me are based on the win95 platform and that is why software written for 95 will work with 98, me etc, xp is based on windows 2000 which is a completely different beast. that is why xp has the compatibility mode to try and overcome some of the issues that you have described, but it wont solve them all. what is this software and what does it do? is there not an equivalent or better piece of software that you could download that would do the same thing? the only other thing i can suggest is maybe the data on the disc is corrupt? download isobuster and it has a feature to check all the files on a cd to see if they readable. sorry couldnt be of more help, maybe someone else has another solution.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by boyzeee@26 October 2003 - 00:48
    then i suggest it wont work with xp, its not uncommon with older software written for previous versions of windows. win98, 98se and me are based on the win95 platform and that is why software written for 95 will work with 98, me etc, xp is based on windows 2000 which is a completely different beast. that is why xp has the compatibility mode to try and overcome some of the issues that you have described, but it wont solve them all. what is this software and what does it do? is there not an equivalent or better piece of software that you could download that would do the same thing? the only other thing i can suggest is maybe the data on the disc is corrupt? download isobuster and it has a feature to check all the files on a cd to see if they readable. sorry couldnt be of more help, maybe someone else has another solution.
    thanks anyways

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    no worries a thanks always goes down well in here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12