Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I Buy "centrino"?

Poster
    if your getting just for the wireless networking then buy a card. you shouldnt spend an extra 400$ just to go on the internet and have a slow processor

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Centrino's are not slow, you're not going to miss out on any noticable speed differences unless you're rendering, or something heavy of that sort. I will restate some facts that have already been pointed out but clarification is nice, no?

Centrino's ARE the package of the Intel Motherboard, with the Pentium M processor, and an integrated wireless card -- I haven't seen G's in systems but I know there is atleast B. Adam is also right with their L2 cache as it has increased to a meg. The advertised 1.4-1.6gHz of Centrino notebooks can be multiplied by either 1.7 or 1.9 to get what they really feel like. A 1.4gHz will be alot faster than some 1.4gHz computer you have sitting at home someplace.

And yes the battery life is MUCH longer than on a P4 or the P4-M. The processor uses less voltage and most Centrino's I see advertised are 4+ hours. Not bad at all.

I mentioned most of this in this thread too --> http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=79254

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123