Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Modified Chip

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    First of all is the Xbox compatible to run a modified chip that lets you play downloaded and copied games? I know that the PS2 is but I'm not really sure about the Xbox. I am totally a n00b at this whole thing. I usually just buy a game at the store and put it in the Xbox and play so I don't know to much about this subject. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Games   -   #2
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@24 October 2003 - 04:31
    First of all is the Xbox compatible to run a modified chip that lets you play downloaded and copied games?
    yes

3. Games   -   #3
    Yes, but from what I hear, MODed Xbox's will not be able to play on Xbox Live... I don't know if it's true though...

I wana get my Xbox chipped!

4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by SiMpLe DiSaSTeR@24 October 2003 - 04:50
    I don't know if it's true though...

it is true m8 you cant play copyed games 0n xbox live

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    There are some chips that can be turned off while you play Xbox live, but if you forgot to turn it off, maybe you will get banned from M$ Xbobx servers :x

6. Games   -   #6
    No, I mean, MODed Xbox's won't be able to access or play on Xbox Live... not the games, but the since the system has been modified it cannot play on Xbox Live... or if I am mistaken...

7. Games   -   #7
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Where and how do you go about getting these modified chips? I'm sure you just can't pop in to Best Buy and pick one up. Please bare with me on this subject.

8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@24 October 2003 - 05:03
    Where and how do you go about getting these modified chips? I'm sure you just can't pop in to Best Buy and pick one up. Please bare with me on this subject.
    google?

9. Games   -   #9
    Just search on google or ask a friend... when I first got my Xbox, my sis was telling me to save up to get a mod chip from a friend from work who could get one for me... they run from like $50-$110?

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by SiMpLe DiSaSTeR@24 October 2003 - 04:58
    No, I mean, MODed Xbox's won't be able to access or play on Xbox Live... not the games, but the since the system has been modified it cannot play on Xbox Live... or if I am mistaken...

Anwserd by Cygnuz-Y
    There are some chips that can be turned off while you play Xbox live, but if you forgot to turn it off, maybe you will get banned from M$ Xbobx servers :x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast