Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Filesharing Will Always Exist..

cappella(m)'s Avatar Poster
    Filesharing will continuing to exist...even the riaa tryes to do something against it..it's completely senseless..When Kazaa starts charging people for downloading....most of it's users will leave ... They move to another software... when the riaa tryes to something against the other software (what will sure be much more difficult)..than the users move to another one...and so far it continues and all their crappy anti piracy campaign will never work... !! There will be always someone who finds something better and safer...!! So my opinion is they should give up..
    and users shouldn't be scared of being sued..and continue sharing files..!
    Everyone who uses Itunes or napster 2.0 is really stupid........
    AND SUPPORTS OUR ENEMIES !!!

SO RIAA

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    damn straight. so lick my dog's oily balls RIAA

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    shit! lick my smelly asshole riaa!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Fight the power, brother!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by cappella(m)@24 October 2003 - 21:52
    Filesharing will continuing to exist...even the riaa tryes to do something against it..it's completely senseless..When Kazaa starts charging people for downloading....most of it's users will leave ... They move to another software... when the riaa tryes to something against the other software (what will sure be much more difficult)..than the users move to another one...and so far it continues and all their crappy anti piracy campaign will never work... !! There will be always someone who finds something better and safer...!! So my opinion is they should give up..

SO RIAA
    AMEN

6. File Sharing   -   #6

SO RIAA 
    YAY !!!

damn straight. so lick my dog's oily balls RIAA
    LOL!! Very funny !!!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by cappella(m)@24 October 2003 - 21:52
    Filesharing will continuing to exist...even the riaa tryes to do something against it..it's completely senseless..When Kazaa starts charging people for downloading....most of it's users will leave ... They move to another software... when the riaa tryes to something against the other software (what will sure be much more difficult)..than the users move to another one...and so far it continues and all their crappy anti piracy campaign will never work... !!  There will be always someone who finds something better and safer...!!  So my opinion is they should give up..
    Everyone who uses Itunes or napster 2.0  is really stupid........

SO RIAA 
    I agree. The only way RIAA can maintain the status quo is to eliminate file sharing completely. That will never happen.

Instead, what we might find is a dramatic shift in music distribution and compensation. I think we will see this change incrementally. It may start with inde bands releasing their music for free while providing links embedded in their mp3s that allow donations for those who like the music. The cost of in-store shrink wrap copies will be for artwork, liner notes, text content and the service of burning the CD - but not for the music, per se. We are already seeing this with books.

In such an environment, it is likely that the music industry will start to look more like the web. That is, bands will be "locally famous". Not in a geographic sense, but in a web-space sense. This might mean lower revenues but it will also allow more freedom for the artists. In fact, the fast majority of bands out there make very little from their music (I know, I was in various bands for years). It is only the handful that are promoted by the Labels that make the millions. So, the localized system of free music and donations may actually increase revenue for the majority of the bands out there. Of course, the Labels won't like such a system because it will mean they will be obsolete. Such is life.

Further, such a system provides the "editing" function that the Labels are so quick to take credit for. That is, they say that they wade through all the crap and present only what is good. In a donation system, the best bands will reap the most donations. Bands that suck will get fewer donations and die on the vine. The connection between quality and reward is actually much more direct and, I think, will be much more efficient.

As you said, file sharing is here to stay. I think the environment that I describe (or one similar) is inevitable. It is just a matter of time and the Labels can do nothing about.

If you are interested, I posted a full description of such a system with a request for comment here:

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=77474

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    cappella(m)'s Avatar Poster
    So far I read all the comments...and everyone seems to think the same..
    And all the labels should go to hell... just money greedy assholes ....!! Really..if I would pay for music I would better pay the money directly to the band / musician..!
    I bought cds of my favourite bands ...and most of them are from the RIAA and I'm not gonna buy any cd of them again..yeah only because of the RIAA....
    But my favourite band "Cappella" is not.. thanks god.. Zyx Music is a big Label but it's not A RIAA member.. so on Riaa Radar..

ONCE AGAIN ... RIAA AND RECORD LABELS

Filesharing forever !!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    internet.news
    My opinion, look my former posts also!!!

What I think about this issue?

"We have to share our thoughts (& files) openly to understand
    each other better." (sha're@KaZaA)

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    radio -> TV -> internet
    records -> 8 track -> tape cassete -> cd -> internet
    projector -> movie theater -> video cassete -> dvd -> internet
    newspaper -> magazines -> internet

all media is merging into one, the internet
    the riaa is afraid and running already
    it will only be a matter of time before the merge is complete and they are destroyed

until then just hang on for the ride B)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast