Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: freeleech at what.cd or what

Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    emm i'm not an expert but i was told that after some timeouts the tracker will forget some peer_id shit and just won't accept upload amount at particular torrent until the second successful announce..
    What I know from theory and experience is that if the tracker is down, it will of course not update your stats until it's back up and you make an announce. Never heard about the peer_id thing.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    great..I wish I could be part of this tracker

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    I got a pretty decent buffer up so far....no worries with my ratio from now on!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    4 days free,it's good news for what' user.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    what`s rullez

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Castronaut's Avatar * BT Rep: +4
    I didn't download much, because I already had a 100GB buffer. Now it's at about 150GB just from downloading the entire Bach. I don't need any new music right now because I've already got quite a big backlog and I've learned from the waffles freeleech in the summer that hoarding music is a bad idea because I'll forget its there or what it is and never end up listening to it.

Might use today to update some 128kbps stuff I have from back in the day to V0.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Bushmills's Avatar Member BT Rep: +1
    What.cd home page:

"
    As we've grown past 3 million peers, it's gotten harder and harder for the tracker to keep up with the increased load. Recently, this manifested itself in a high percentage of tracker timeouts, which annoyed us as much as they annoyed you!

After a fair amount of hard work by WhatMan and lenrek, we've resolved the tracker issues - the load is now balanced across two trackers. There will still be problems every now and then, which are inherent in handling 3 million peers on a tight budget - however, the tracker is, for the most part, quite usable now. We thank you very much for the patience you displayed while we worked on resolving this matter.

On a different note, our new developer porkpie has implemented his first major feature - thread subscriptions! You can subscribe to a thread by clicking the [Subscribe] link on the top.

Thank you for your efforts, porkpie
    "

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    I think that announcement was made before the freeleech.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Bushmills's Avatar Member BT Rep: +1
    Yes, and still explains to trouble.. 3 million peers is a big number (=

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Kholdstare's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Most torrents have been responding after some time, at least. This freeleech has been pretty epic.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast