Thread: I Am Very Worried!

hi guys, my computer recently is doing something strange and I am worried,
    i am using Sympatico DSL and i require to connect to internet with a dial up
    everytime i start my computer. And lately i found that when i am online, even
    i am not doing anything, my connection traffic light is always on and it's showing
    that i am downloading and uploading something, i am worried this may be a trojan
    or some virus or hacker attack. recent facts also include:

- i have NAV2003 pro running with latest updates and autoprotect on, of course, nothing is found
    - i update my windows every now and then, my windows pro corp is very current
    - i know nothing about firewall, internet security so all those settings are at default
    - i am recently downloaded alot of real player movies and divx movies from bt
    - 3 days ago, after a clean format, i discovered blast worm, and removed it with
    NAV2003pro

can anyone give me suugestion about what i should do?

thank u

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    its the same with cable. when ur cable line or ur phone line is used, the light is on. shouldn't be a virus cuz ur comp will be more responsive and screwy. but dl a prog like DU Meter, and c wat's goin on with ur bandwidth and stuff

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    Originally posted by zhelynd@25 October 2003 - 04:42
    hi guys, my computer recently is doing something strange and I am worried,
    i am using Sympatico DSL and i require to connect to internet with a dial up
    everytime i start my computer. And lately i found that when i am online, even
    i am not doing anything, my connection traffic light is always on and it's showing
    that i am downloading and uploading something, i am worried this may be a trojan
    or some virus or hacker attack. recent facts also include:

- i have NAV2003 pro running with latest updates and autoprotect on, of course, nothing is found
    - i update my windows every now and then, my windows pro corp is very current
    - i know nothing about firewall, internet security so all those settings are at default
    - i am recently downloaded alot of real player movies and divx movies from bt
    - 3 days ago, after a clean format, i discovered blast worm, and removed it with
    NAV2003pro

can anyone give me suugestion about what i should do?

thank u
    get lavasoft adware6 from download.com it is free u may have some sort of spywear

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lmao!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    ya its probably spyware b/c you dont usually get a virus from just sitting there... i mean you can but its just most likely spyware i think the site is lavasoft.com

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    first, DSL does not connect thru dial-up, per say. what u have an ISP instruction/shortcut to connect to their server. U don't need that (avoid it) google for LAN (always on connection)
    second, certain network cards, such as the latest MS ones, constantly connect to "msn" servers (if their software is installed)
    third, get a hash from request for sygate 5.1 pro, download/install and set it up to ask for everything before sending/receiving anything.
    fourth, go HERE for some small files that can help.