Keikan's Avatar ........
    If i were to run XP on my specs below, would it be

1. slow
    2. VERY slow
    3. 500x slower than the average snail
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    i ran xp on a 266 p2 w/ 368 mbs of ram....
    except for some of the advanced features like media player it did great. yours should be ok

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I don't think it work well at al IMO. You need at least 128mb ram for xp and if you want it to run well you will have to turn off all its visual goodness and tweak it slightly.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    It should run ok for you, but, as Broken said, some features may be a bit slow.

You've got enough ram to run it (the minimum is 64Mb, which makes it pretty much unusable), and you're just above the minimum CPU so you're ok there :-)

I'd just recommend that once installed you disable the visual themes/effect's, and disable some of the services (there's a fair few that are useless really so there's no problem there)

You may want to look into getting a larger capacity HardDrive sometime though as XP take's up over 1GB of HD space :-( I'd turn off the System Restore feature to help keep the amount of space used to a minimum though as that'll help a bit :-)

Sniper.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I ran xp on a 64mb ram, and it ran fine. If you are going to run it on a slow comp, make sure you use the classic look not the xp look.

Also xp dosent take a gig, it takes up 600mb.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by SniperInTheShadows@25 October 2003 - 00:13
    It should run ok for you, but, as Broken said, some features may be a bit slow.

You've got enough ram to run it (the minimum is 64Mb, which makes it pretty much unusable), and you're just above the minimum CPU so you're ok there :-)

I'd just recommend that once installed you disable the visual themes/effect's, and disable some of the services (there's a fair few that are useless really so there's no problem there)

You may want to look into getting a larger capacity HardDrive sometime though as XP take's up over 1GB of HD space :-( I'd turn off the System Restore feature to help keep the amount of space used to a minimum though as that'll help a bit :-)

Sniper.
    Isn't that essentially the exact same thing I said. *sigh* At least come up with some other recommendations instead of repeated the exact same ones I did.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    It matters what u have on your comp, but ugprading will not slow it down.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    PAiNKiLLER
    I agree with Gre1...

Image Resized

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    the-ninja69 - "I don't think it work well at al IMO. You need at least 128mb ram for xp and if you want it to run well you will have to turn off all its visual goodness and tweak it slightly."

me - "It should run ok for you, but, as Broken said, some features may be a bit slow.

You've got enough ram to run it (the minimum is 64Mb, which makes it pretty much unusable), and you're just above the minimum CPU so you're ok there

You may want to look into getting a larger capacity HardDrive sometime though as XP take's up over 1GB of HD space :-( I'd turn off the System Restore feature to help keep the amount of space used to a minimum though as that'll help a bit"

Fair bit of a difference there, mostly you saying it won't work well at all and that you need 128Mb of ram when the minimum is 64Mb and it will run ok on Keikan's PC.

If you're going to have a go at someone then at least get your facts straight, and besides, even if I had said the same as you then at least it would've let Keikan know that you're not the only person that thought it wouldn't run well.

Sniper.