Thread: Can Some1 Help Me Please!

My brother managed to download a virus that disabled my antivirus and firewall and let some1 from irc connect to my pc.

Anyhow he moved stuff around deleted a few programs and so on, I did system retore and all was well until I went to rip dvd, drive not found!! I went to divice manager and beside my dvd drive, my cd-rw drive and SCSI and Raid controllers
    there was the yellow circle with an exclamation mark beside it under properties it gives this -

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19).

can any1 help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    reinstall ya dvd writing software as it would have its own virtual drivers and they prob missing if you restored, also you could uninstalling the devices and rebooting, right click in device manager and uninstalll, failing that, shutdown and unplug them and then reboot, shutdown again and plug em back in and reboot again, windows should then detect them again but i do think its to do with ya software locking the device, probably easycd or nero files missing

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanks 4 ur reply but i already tried to uninstall and reinstall but no luck, it says it has all the updated drivers but it says there is something missing from the registry, any other suggestions??

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    if someone has been messin with ya files i would suggest re-installing windows as they may have stuffed ya registry, what windows are you running?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    also have you checked the settings in your ide/atapi controllers in device list? anything else with an exclamation mark? have you tried the add new hardware wizard and let it search for "new" devices? any scsi controllers in your system? what writing software do you use?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    im running windows xp, my dvd drive, my cd-rw drive and SCSI and Raid controllers all have an exclamation mark beside them and i use nero for burning

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    did u have deamon tools or clone cd installed before you restored?if so uninstall them, also uninstall nero and then uninstall all of those devices again inc the scsi device controllers and reboot. have you tried unplugging the devices?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    never had deamon tools installed before, havnt tried disconnecting them yet will try that next.

also i went into system information and under "problem devies" they are all there and the error message is "Failure using VdX loader" i dont no if any1 knows what it menas???

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    vxd is a virtual device driver, thats why i said it was software locking the device as most cdwriting software install its own "virtual vxd" drivers, uninstall any cdwriting software, how come you got scsi devices? have you used clone cd?