Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Search...

Keikan's Avatar ........
    There was more stuff on the board before darker hosted it
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    I do try refining my search by looking in specific forums, and also changing the keyword, but it still hardly ever finds what i'm looking for. It is a bit better for finding help in general, but when looking for specific posts it is a bit weak.
    But hey, wgaf it's a gr8 site besides that.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Poster
    search for all terms in the title. usually narrows it down by a lot. but of course you have to remember the post title on your part. then try to recall the search date criteria, if you simply placed "all dates", you are obviously gonna get a whole lot of results.

If you can manipulate the search function in the right way, you will have no problems finding what you need. Although sometimes after doing all that can be done and still you can't find anything, then .

If you posted in the thread before, try searching through your own post, looking by the no. of posts you have you won't have a hard time browsing thru them to come up with what you want.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    I aint gonna critisize, but maybe this is why so many n00bs ask stoopid questions all the time - they simply give up as the search dosnt find what they want.

This is only UKMans opinion and shouldnt be construed as grounds for banning him for life.

Peace
    UKMan

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Originally posted by UKMan@28 October 2003 - 13:38
    This is only UKMans opinion and shouldnt be construed as grounds for banning him for life.
    lol

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    well for exampel you do a search for "screechign songs"" and you get un relevent crap like "what music are you lsitening to now" threads its just useless no woner the noobs dont bother

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Out of The Ordinary
    Why include songs? This will show all posts that have the word songs in a post.

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=Se...creeching+songs

If You do a search for just screeching in the proper forums (Problems and Musicworld) You will get:

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=Se...lite=screeching

Looks good to Me

BOT

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Originally posted by [B
    [O][T],28 October 2003 - 14:03] Why include songs? This will show all posts that have the word songs in a post.

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=Se...creeching+songs

If You do a search for just screeching in the proper forums (Problems and Musicworld) You will get:

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=Se...lite=screeching

Looks good to Me 

BOT
    in general searches its ok, but when you need to find a specific post that you have forgotten the name to, it fails most times.

EDITED..... sorry i meant to say for example> when u have forgotten the post title, but you know its about (lets say) dvd playes, and you will notice the post title when you see iy, but when you search dvd players in all the proper forums it will NOT find it.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    i have to agree with coco/adster on this one - a n00b wouldnt have the slightest idea of what topic subject to start his/her search in. Also, not all posts are even in the correct topic anyway - even if the Admins do try hard to correct that.

Peace
    UKMan

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    i have to agree with coco
    Mom he called me a thief but he agrees with me now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast