Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Could I Connect Online Without Using Aol?

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Samurai+15 February 2004 - 14:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Samurai &#064; 15 February 2004 - 14:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Smurfette@15 February 2004 - 18:22
    You can&#39;t read AOL email with anything else either AFAIK.
    Wrong.

You can access your AOL Email from IE, by simply visiting AOL and typing in your username and password.

As for connecting to the Internet without using the AOL software, I believe it is possible but very difficult. I myself used AOL many years ago when I had my BT line disconnected and got NTL (Cable TV & Telephone Service). It wasn&#39;t until NTL launched broadband that I switched. AOL use specific .dll&#39;s whilst connecting to ensure that you don&#39;t just insert the appropriate telephone number in &#39;New Connection&#39; and away you go. Keep searching... I believe the solution is out there somewhere.

Samurai [/b][/quote]
    It is not possible. That&#39;s one of the main reasons people complain because their forced to use their software. Unless your on broadband and already have an internet connection then your not about to connect to aol dial up without their software.

As for difficult, there is nothing difficult about setting up a ppp or dial up connection. There is no advanced way to do it to get past using aol shitty software. I know people that use aol and do not complain at all about the software. Dont ask me why, I guess their half crazy

specific .dll&#39;s ? The only thing they do is setup all their ras servers to refuse any connetions unless its coming from the aol client, or software. And I dont nee to search to confirm that................what good would do? I dont use the crappy shit anyway.

*Edit*

@Smurfette -- My apologies I was not thinking too clearly. What you said actually makes sense. There is no way to even check your email without firing up aol. How is a 56k user going to go to aol.com and check their email from ie when they wont even be connected to the internet unless they use aol?

My bad

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Ya seriously dude.. leave AOHell.

I used to be with them back in the day damn they suck... they&#39;ve got media connections too i.e warner brothers so they&#39;re really tight on piracy and downloading, Get caught twice and you&#39;re out type of shit.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    if you are using dsl. then you can plug your password in to a router and it will log you in automatically evertime. No need for software. If you have dial up read the guide on free juno dial up.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    just connect using your modem drivers

r just use the windows dialler i used to connect easy without using aol then its just like connecting to a real isp

just simply type username- [email protected]
    password- woteva it is

then just connect normally like u would using BT etc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123