Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help W/ Amd Mobo

can u guys tell me if this is a okay mobo?

im new to amd so i wouldnt know very much. and on the link there are 2 deals for the mobo, one refurbish for $29 w/ free shipping and one new one for $49 and $5 shipping, which one should i get?

btw, when it says oem does that mean it just come w/ mobo? no cable, driver, or the face plate thingy for the case?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    how bout this one? i know the brand sux and everythign but the reviews of the board werent taht bad.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    and would this amd processor be faster then a 2.0ghz celeron? or should i stick w/ the celeron and a p4 board

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    u wanna go with the shuttle mobo, if not too expensive. and never buy refurbished. even though cheap, will cause problems. and if ur ocing, then get the amd, but if not, get a p4

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by kazaaliterock@25 October 2003 - 23:00
    and would this amd processor be faster then a 2.0ghz celeron? or should i stick w/ the celeron and a p4 board
    That CPU is definitely faster than the 2.0 Celeron.

As for the motherboard check out the ECS K7S5A Pro rev. 5.0

Good budget oriented board that has a lot to offer.

http://www.ecsusa.com/products/k7s5a_pro.html

Newegg product link: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    hmmm only 44 dollars

so i should stick w/ this amd processor and mobo instead of the 2.0 ghz celeron and kinda the dam shuttle mobo?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    oh and im not planning on oc yet (dont know how to).

once i look for instruction on oc on netscape (google and yahoo not working for me for some reason) i will oc the processor.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Get the Athlon not the Celeron.

Do you want reliability and stabillity? Then don't overclock. That's my opinion.

If you're looking for extreme performance then this setup is not for you. It will be fast but not extreme.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    ocing doesn't really screw up ur pc if u know how. if u go little by little, it's fine. get the athlon

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    no, i dont want extreame. i only want this to play game occasionnaly. me not hardcore gamer. i use this for running paintshop or surfing net mostly.

the reason i want to oc is becuz of what abu said. and most ppl i know who has a amd has it overclock.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast