Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: My belated public apology

Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Start a new persona, which shouldn't be a problem for you, and don't ***** it up again.
    oh not another one!

no seriously, that's an interesting thought, i don't know which one I'd prefer (from bt friends) though...well let's see...

one is lying about your status of previously being a liar (even though it might be true you no LONGER are a liar), the other is being truthful about having lied (and obviously your aim is to no longer be a liar).

I'm leaning toward the second. The second has more accountability, and it's more responsible. Things are situational though, it depends on what values the concerned parties hold. But on a purely philosophical level, I'd prefer being as truthful as possible, despite the consequences to ones inconvenience. otherwise it's kinda cheating right? yeah i know, we all are 'cheaters' in that we cheat out of paying for copyrighted material, but I didn't say *I* was perfect . but since I value the trust of my bt colleagues, I don't cheat with regards to anything of that sort.

Anyway if one does start a new identity, no one will find out anyway ...

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    ^^ My head hurts trying to follow that. Maybe that's why liars finally come clean. Its damn hard work trying to keep track of the crap. Wipe the slate clean, and start over. The challenge is ofc, start over doing what? A new set of lies, or finally the truth. When trust is ripped, good luck trying to be believed.

Don't get me wrong. A mea culpa is never easy, and its better to fall on one's sword in the pursuit of coming clean, than to stay in the dirt all wrapped up in lies - but what Im still nto clear on is what end is served from all this. A pursuit of acceptance, forgiveness, a new start?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    a new start?
    I wanna bet a lot of $$$ the new start has already been made quite some time ago
    Can you feel the LOVE

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    a new start?
    I wanna bet a lot of $$$ the new start has already been made quite some time ago
    Disme, What kind of method you can do to identify double/dupe account?. I'm curious. IP address?

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by dandraesley View Post
    IP address?
    Yes, and there are also a few other methods
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by dandraesley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post

Disme, What kind of method you can do to identify double/dupe account?. I'm curious. IP address?
    Soooo many ways, so many.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345